ScottCM

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't enter yet. They haven't even announced dates of when entries will open. Most likely some time this month?

Their website says today

post-46817-0-07162800-1504247269_thumb.png

EDIT: My bad, see that was for 2016 not 2017. #readfineprint

Edited by ScottC-M

Can't enter yet. They haven't even announced dates of when entries will open. Most likely some time this month?

Originally they also said 01/09, like last year.   Something must've changed in the meantime.

It seems we are going to reach 5000 posts on this thread soon!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Off Course, This is the best thread on the hub.. :whistling:

So with the first day of spring here it's normally now that people start planning for the season ahead and make some lofty goals. 

So to all the usually quiet readers out there, who think they are to inexperienced to post on here as they haven't done a comrades, Two Oceans (OMTOM), marathon , Half marathon or even a 10km run as yet.

What goals have you set yourself this coming season?

Is there anyway some of the more experienced hubbers on this thread can help by sharing some knowledge that you have been unsure to ask for previously?

Allow us help you along your journey to make your goals a reality. 

How do you mean?

Rhodes Run is by invite only to 300 runners.   Those who conquer Mavis Bank, get to be re-invited the following year.  Then the waiting list is activated.  There are some wild card entries  available (about 30) which are used at the discretion of the organiser for promotion purposes and to thank the local farmers.  Once the invited athletes have confirmed entry, any remaining entries are then allocated again to those on the waiting list (which happens around April).  The race happens in the first week of July.

Rhodes Run is by invite only to 300 runners.   Those who conquer Mavis Bank, get to be re-invited the following year.  Then the waiting list is activated.  There are some wild card entries  available (about 30) which are used at the discretion of the organiser for promotion purposes and to thank the local farmers.  Once the invited athletes have confirmed entry, any remaining entries are then allocated again to those on the waiting list (which happens around April).  The race happens in the first week of July.

That's why I asked.  What will happen to a 2017 wild card entry, that is on the waiting list, that conquered Mavis bank?  Will that mean an invite, or just on the waiting list again?

Omtom filghts also open and booked as well, credit card is nice and warmed up now... :oops:

My accommodation is booked as well...

And we (my wife and I) have entered giant's cup trail run as well. End-of-the-month salticrax for me until June 2018 it seems....

And only 64% of those posts were injury related :lol:

A healthy lot us runners are....

Can just imagine a couch potatoe reading this thread and sharing with all his couch potatoe mates around the Braai... " those runners are always...."

Edited by SwissVan