ScottCM

Hey guys. I have a new set of shoes for the marathon. They are the exact same as my training shoes. Can I wear them fresh or should I do a couple of runs with them before hand?

Not a big issue anymore.. Just do a few runs with them. Edited by Stretch

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys. I have a new set of shoes for the marathon. They are the exact same as my training shoes. Can I wear them fresh or should I do a couple of runs with them before hand?

I would prefer to have the confidence that I have run in them before hand and know they are fine (even though they would be...)

Rule 5: Do not try anything new in race week

Do they still have that Ironwoman/Ironman in Kwazulu Natal whereby you must do the Dusi, + Midmar Mile + Comrades together in one year, then you get like a special medal or something? 

My friend told me about it, but for the life of me, I cant find it online?

Do they still have that Ironwoman/Ironman in Kwazulu Natal whereby you must do the Dusi, + Midmar Mile + Comrades together in one year, then you get like a special medal or something?

My friend told me about it, but for the life of me, I cant find it online?

I am pretty sure it's still around... It's not worth the dusi guts!

Just posting if someone is interested. Ive got a almost brand new pair of Nike Vomero 11s. Size 10.5 UK. I did one run in them and some walking around the house. I just cant get used to the fit. I prefer the tighter fit of the Pegasus. R800, wich is about half what I paid.

post-734-0-26661200-1508911545_thumb.jpeg

I agree with Stretch. I'll happily pull on a new pair of Boston Boosts or Saucony Rides at the start of a marathon and I'm sure that's true of most other brands now (I'm not sure about Asics though). A lot of consistency season to season.

I agree with Stretch. I'll happily pull on a new pair of Boston Boosts or Saucony Rides at the start of a marathon and I'm sure that's true of most other brands now (I'm not sure about Asics though). A lot of consistency season to season.

Same goes for Nike.

As for Adidas, I so want to give the Supernova's a go, but why oh why don't they make them wider or at least then in wide fit as well.  :(

Same goes for Nike.

As for Adidas, I so want to give the Supernova's a go, but why oh why don't they make them wider or at least then in wide fit as well.  :(

Yeah, I find both the Bostons and the Supernova a very narrow fit. I don't mind so much with the Bostons as they're generally my race and speedwork shoe and I enjoy a tight fit for that but I haven't enjoyed the Supernovas as a distance shoe since a roomier fit is a lot more pleasant in those cases. I've loved the Saucony Ride 10 as a distance shoe, it's very spacious in the forefoot.

I have always found with new shoes that the soles of my feet burn a bit for the first few runs... even though I use orthotics and not the new shoe insole

I've loved the Saucony Ride 10 as a distance shoe, it's very spacious in the forefoot.

I am SO undecided about my next purchase.   Another Brooks Ghost or another Saucony Triumph / Perhaps the Ride little brother (As I have hear good things from them from clubmates)   Good to hear you are happy too!

Im also needing new road shoes, my Nimbus have almost done 1000km and are only now feeling comfy but my big toes are popping out the top.  I want to try the Hoka or the New Balance 880's, just not to keen on the Nimbus again, they just too much shoe if that makes any sense..Im worries that like the Nimbus, the Hoka will also have too much cushioning.  Any suggestions?

Im also needing new road shoes, my Nimbus have almost done 1000km and are only now feeling comfy but my big toes are popping out the top.  I want to try the Hoka or the New Balance 880's, just not to keen on the Nimbus again, they just too much shoe if that makes any sense..Im worries that like the Nimbus, the Hoka will also have too much cushioning.  Any suggestions?

I went from Nimbus (also with big toe holes!) to Hoka. Its completely different. Theres much less hard-feeling stability reinforcement on the Hoka, and a ton more cushioning - yet still feels lighter

I tried on a pair of nimbus's just to check the difference again a few weeks back and I couldn't believe how hard and heavy they felt. Stability is not a problem for me so luckily I can get shoes not focused on that.