ScottCM

I think so too. All the pressure is on Gerda for Comrades. But think Caroline got some tricks up her sleeve.

I’ve been told that she is sadly still sitting with an injury :-(

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ag noo

She (CW) ran Deloitte 42km a few weeks back but pretty slowly for her around 4hrs so not sure what's up

Gerda on the other hand is flying... I ran Bronkhorstspruit 32km with her from start to finish and she is looking so strong and easy.. with her 2h37 marathon and a string of easy sub78 half's she has to be on to podium. 

Not sure she can beat Camille Heron just yet on both their best days but I would say she is definitely on for a top2/3.

She (CW) ran Deloitte 42km a few weeks back but pretty slowly for her around 4hrs so not sure what's up

Gerda on the other hand is flying... I ran Bronkhorstspruit 32km with her from start to finish and she is looking so strong and easy.. with her 2h37 marathon and a string of easy sub78 half's she has to be on to podium. 

Not sure she can beat Camille Heron just yet on both their best days but I would say she is definitely on for a top2/3.

I Agree, Top 2/3 must be on her mind. But Comrades is a funny old race. Camille can have a bad day, then it can be hers for the taking. But its def going to be interesting.

I Agree, Top 2/3 must be on her mind. But Comrades is a funny old race. Camille can have a bad day, then it can be hers for the taking. But its def going to be interesting.

Going to be a great race amongst the ladies. Is Jenna Challenor likely to run Comrades?

Edited post. Checked CW's results and saw her time for Deloitte last year was 3:20. Her results for this year's Deloitte are not on raceresults though.. Also, up until last year May she was on Strava, but not anymore. Looks like something's up.

Edited by CobusV

Like pass out and head butt the tar like she did the year before last

It must be such a thrill running with the elite ladies like that. I had that for a short while when I managed to get onto Yolande McClean's heels at the Zwartkops 10km last year. Then I heard her telling her running partner that she wasn't feeling too fit so wasn't pushing that hard. And then, with me redlining, she turned off onto the 21km course :(

Edited by Barry Stuart

I think so too. All the pressure is on Gerda for Comrades. But think Caroline got some tricks up her sleeve.

Ive been following Camiles training, wich consists of a lot of ultra races, and she almost always wins overall. Its just insane, how her body holds up is beyond me.

This morning I tried to run a 10km with the A team in our running group

This came to mind9415571676edefe7c7ec8254acfc764d.jpg

Absolutely. Love this picture

Yesterday I went to a biokinetikist that specializes in running injuries to get to the bottom of my Achilles injury. He diagnosed me with a small partial tear in the Achilles. According to him its not related to running form or over training but due to physical trauma. I have no idea how that happened. Anyway that looks like the end of Comrades. Two weeks of no running and then further evaluation. Will try to get back onto the bike now, for what its worth.

Yesterday I went to a biokinetikist that specializes in running injuries to get to the bottom of my Achilles injury. He diagnosed me with a small partial tear in the Achilles. According to him its not related to running form or over training but due to physical trauma. I have no idea how that happened. Anyway that looks like the end of Comrades. Two weeks of no running and then further evaluation. Will try to get back onto the bike now, for what its worth.

Sorry. It may seem like a tough call right now, but staying healthy has to over-ride staying fit and/or achieving (relatively) short term goals.

Best of luck with Recovery bud