ScottCM

• Replies 18k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know where to get Nike Zoom Fly Flyknit in the Pietermaritzburg or Durban area? Poobie Naidoo doesn't have any. Hoping to get a pair by this weekend

Does anyone know where to get Nike Zoom Fly Flyknit in the Pietermaritzburg or Durban area? Poobie Naidoo doesn't have any. Hoping to get a pair by this weekend

Try Durban runner.....Speak to Justin Hand....031-312 6486

Anybody else done the Safari half today? This was my first race since Comrades last year and a big test for me in terms of recovery and rehab of my injury. Started off right at the back of the pack so as to keep my first few km’s nice and slow but somehow I ended up going at 4:38/4:35 per km. Had a bit of a wobble between 15 and 18 km’s causing the sub1:45 bus to catch up before pulling it back to end up at 1:42:36. All in all very happy that I managed this injury free even though it was much slower than last year. Think it is safe to say that normal running training will resume.

To the tech guys. Why would the elevation differ so hugely between two Garmins, both updated, on the same run. 50km. Forerunner 230 - 498m elevation, the Forerunner 35 - 656m?

To the tech guys. Why would the elevation differ so hugely between two Garmins, both updated, on the same run. 50km. Forerunner 230 - 498m elevation, the Forerunner 35 - 656m?

Mate I run with.. My mile marker beeps about 10 secs before his. I always record a longer run than him by a free hundred meters. I have a 230. He has a newer model

Difference in both Strava and Garmin connect? Garmin connect does elevation correction automatically, so should be more accurate. Garmin gave me 20m elevation less than Strava on this mornings run.

Difference in both Strava and Garmin connect? Garmin connect does elevation correction automatically, so should be more accurate. Garmin gave me 20m elevation less than Strava on this mornings run.

No. He is saying the elevation data on the two different Garmin devices

I would guess different GPS chipsets, but even between two identical units (FR35), we often see 20m+ difference between the two per km.

Edited by Pulse

No. He is saying the elevation data on the two different Garmin devices

Yes, Im asking if there is a elevation difference in Strava as well as the Garmin app for the different devices. If the app elevations correspond then it might be a strava issue.

I would guess different GPS chipsets, but even between two identical units (FR35), we often see 20m+ difference between the two.

Thats why garmin connect does automatic correction for gps based elevation.

Thats why garmin connect does automatic correction for gps based elevation.

Agree, and both the listed units use GPS-based elevation.

Both those was Garmin connect yes. On strava it is 585m on the 230 and 607m on the 35 respectively. Talk about a ballsup.

Edited by Jackes

A few Mohair Belega socks on sale on their online website for R100...

Thanks for the heads-up.

It's always difficult to find big socks.

I hate the "8 to 12" sizes. Your feet end up like a barrel of fish in a gillnet.

So I did my first half-marathon yesterday (Wally Hayward in Pretoria) which was the longest run I've ever done by almost exactly 7km.

First 12km or so were lekker, had a bit of a "Why am I doing this to myself? I'm sick of here!" moment around 12-13km in but then I pulled myself towards myself and it was lekker again until about 19km at which point everything from my waist down started hurting. Finished in 2:08:30 which I was really happy with but today my calves are f**ked, can barely walk.

At least I know I'll be able to finish the run at Ironman 70.3 in a month's time  :thumbup:

Anybody else done the Safari half today? This was my first race since Comrades last year and a big test for me in terms of recovery and rehab of my injury. Started off right at the back of the pack so as to keep my first few km’s nice and slow but somehow I ended up going at 4:38/4:35 per km. Had a bit of a wobble between 15 and 18 km’s causing the sub1:45 bus to catch up before pulling it back to end up at 1:42:36. All in all very happy that I managed this injury free even though it was much slower than last year. Think it is safe to say that normal running training will resume.

Hey, we came in at about the same time! Roads must have crossed somewhere... Had a lekker relaxed run, just minding my own business, then ran into a club mate on his first - and he was just falling off the 1:45 bus, so took him through to the finish. 

That was about... almost halfway through the Perdeskoen. So if you saw two Paarl guys from thereabouts on, that was us! I may have pulled him a bit hard towards the end - so I suspect I may receive one Christmas card less!  :whistling: