ScottCM

a) Price increase is because they don't have a headline sponsor at the moment.

b) if this "When engaging with an IT consultant, we learnt that while updating the back-end of ww.twooceansmarathon.org.za with suggested (but not finalised or ratified) information regarding 2020 entry fees and processes, these web pages were actually visible to the public." isn't blaming the IT guy, then I don't want to see when they in fact DO blame the IT guy.

jussis,some people are only happy when they are unhappy.

Lottery system is BECAUSE it is so popular.

Price increase is BECAUSE it is so popular.

that is basically a reward for a job well done. I understand that this can be a long term thing and it's hard to really mess up a good thing quickly, but it looks like social media has jumped the gun and thrown their panties far too quickly.

I find it incredibly refreshing to see an event actually owning up and claiming the mistake.

It's rare. They didn't even blame the IT guys, they just explained how it went wrong.

I don't quite understand your point. you booked stuff without knowing you had a guaranteed entry. What's your beef, that they put it up by R100 and now it's unfeasible? That the 2019 sold out in 6hours so now they are doing a lottery?

if it's anything like any other HIGH hype event, there's huge scramble for entries, but once the dust settles you get plenty of sub options closer to the time. I wouldn't cancel your trip just yet

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a) Price increase is because they don't have a headline sponsor at the moment.

b) if this "When engaging with an IT consultant, we learnt that while updating the back-end of ww.twooceansmarathon.org.za with suggested (but not finalised or ratified) information regarding 2020 entry fees and processes, these web pages were actually visible to the public." isn't blaming the IT guy, then I don't want to see when they in fact DO blame the IT guy.

I don't know of any company that will pay for an IT company to do any work on their systems that haven't been approved by the management. Surely you only get to the outsourcing point after it been finalised by the headshots.  

I don't know of any company that will pay for an IT company to do any work on their systems that haven't been approved by the management. Surely you only get to the outsourcing point after it been finalised by the headshots.  

While they talk to the IT department they should ask them to remove this popup from every single page on the website:

post-23819-0-71904900-1574055859_thumb.png

Edited by travisza

And then just to continue the TMO website bashing...what time of day exactly are they referring to here:

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2019-11-18 at 07.41.14.png

Webpage says the 19th?

SA Entries go via the ballot system (draw). DRAW TWO - rest of applicants Ballot applications/applications to be in DRAW TWO open on 19 November 2019 and close at 5pm (local time) on 25 November 2019 R575 20 December 2019 5pm local time

https://www.twooceansmarathon.org.za/entry-info/event-entry-info/

Well done! In guessing that's a PB... What was it previously?

Thank you Stretch. Yes it is. My previous was 4:02 so I’m happy with this time. The winner finished in 2:30. Pretty impressive.

Webpage says the 19th?

SA Entries go via the ballot system (draw). DRAW TWO - rest of applicants Ballot applications/applications to be in DRAW TWO open on 19 November 2019 and close at 5pm (local time) on 25 November 2019 R575 20 December 2019 5pm local time

https://www.twooceansmarathon.org.za/entry-info/event-entry-info/

Yeah, I think SA entries are tomorrow. My point was just around the "PM local time" with no actual time given.

Thank you Stretch. Yes it is. My previous was 4:02 so I’m happy with this time. The winner finished in 2:30. Pretty impressive.

That's an impressive destruction of your previous PB! Well done and welcome to the sub 4 club! Next goal sub 3:45

Is there someone here that completed Rhodes Run previously or is on the waiting list that would like an entry for 2020?  PM me if you are interested... 

That's an impressive destruction of your previous PB! Well done and welcome to the sub 4 club! Next goal sub 3:45

Thanks!! For sure. Looking forward to the next one already. Feels weird just sitting at home tho. Will get back at it next week or so.

I just saw this. Im contemplating it instead of 2oceans. Less crowded, better scenery, possibly less expensive?

[emoji848]

Was looking forward to confirmation of this event and was hoping that it would be a suitable replacement for Oceans. With such a late date though it doesn’t seem wise doing it with Comrades just a few weeks after.

Thanks!! For sure. Looking forward to the next one already. Feels weird just sitting at home tho. Will get back at it next week or so.

A day rest per mile is the old wives tale. I had a really hard last 3 miles and took a solid 2 weeks off. Did a speed session then on tuesday and fartleks on Thursday.. Then 13 miles on Sunday. Felt like I had just run a marathon after that. My legs are still sore. I started too early. Should have taken another week off. Enjoy the rest you deserved it