ScottCM

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For well-priced good quality kit you can also check Decathlon - I've been very impressed with the stuff I've bought there.

Sweet, I will check them out. Thank you.

find a mountain. Pound it. With feet or wheels. It'll tell you what to do. Listen little grasshopper.

Ha, thanks!  :thumbup:

So Nike might be selling off these shoes at huge discount if they get banned at the end of the month  :ph34r:

Will the Hoka Carbon x be next to be banned and all shoes with a carbon plate.  Asics are supposedly bring out a similar shoe in time of the Olympics

I recently purchased the Nike Zoom Fly FK with full carbon plate. I hope my time will improve in leaps and bounds :-)

Damnit... egg on face  :blush:  :D

Not at all, there is mass hysteria and panic even on the Nike 4% Facebook page.

Those were just my thoughts, again I could be wrong.

The Guardian ran an article today saying they wont be banned... but who knows.. apparently an announcement will be made by IAAF at Month end

Edited by Ferret69

I commented on a friend's FB page as well, when he shared the article, that it's ludicrous. Added the comment that nobody plays tennis and squash with wooden rackets any more.

I commented on a friend's FB page as well, when he shared the article, that it's ludicrous. Added the comment that nobody plays tennis and squash with wooden rackets any more.

I think it's a bit more complex than that... I'm sure it's a debate that will follow similar lines to Oscar with his running blades - there are always parameters within which innovation must happen to still maintain the basic principles and integrity of the sport. How big can these carbon inner sole blades get, how much forward propulsion is allowed etc

I love innovation, hopefully sensible heads prevail

It is a balance as in where to draw the line at an unfair advantage.

As for the tennis comment this is where the balance comes in, yes you can use a composite racket nowadays but there are still laws about the length and width. Some things give distinct advantage, some are a natural progression, some are unfair that become the norm.

Ja, that's what I meant - it was paramaterised (once they started increasing head sizes), not banned. 

How would one remove a carbon plate from a running shoe sole?

Asking for a friend, just in case....

:ph34r: ????post-154-0-30447500-1579180763_thumb.jpg

Edited by Christie

To the okes that run down Lion's Head, wow, I battle to walk down. Loads of people running down yesterday, our toursit friends were getting worried thinking maybe they all running cause it's not safe past x time. 

Had a good chuckle. (They could in fact be correct). 

Off BBC news:

A top Kenyan athlete has run away from a training camp in order to evade anti-doping officials who had come to do a test.

The case highlights the challenge the authorities face cleaning up the sport.

The anti-doping team turned up unannounced at the training camp in Kapsabet in the west of Kenya.

After realising who the visitors were, the athlete jumped through a window and vaulted over a fence - presumably faster than any officials could have managed if they'd tried.

Barnaba Korir of Athletics Kenya confirmed the incident but did not give the runner's name.

He or she is still likely to be punished.

Over the last five years around 60 Kenyan athletes have been sanctioned for anti-doping violations.

Mr Korir said athletes who know they are guilty feel they have no choice than fleeing from the testers.

Over the last week two athletes including Alfred Kipketer - the world under-20, 800 metre champion - have been suspended for doping violations.

Off BBC news:

A top Kenyan athlete has run away from a training camp in order to evade anti-doping officials who had come to do a test.

The case highlights the challenge the authorities face cleaning up the sport.

The anti-doping team turned up unannounced at the training camp in Kapsabet in the west of Kenya.

After realising who the visitors were, the athlete jumped through a window and vaulted over a fence - presumably faster than any officials could have managed if they'd tried.

Barnaba Korir of Athletics Kenya confirmed the incident but did not give the runner's name.

He or she is still likely to be punished.

Over the last five years around 60 Kenyan athletes have been sanctioned for anti-doping violations.

Mr Korir said athletes who know they are guilty feel they have no choice than fleeing from the testers.

Over the last week two athletes including Alfred Kipketer - the world under-20, 800 metre champion - have been suspended for doping violations.

I wonder if he is a steeplechase athlete?