Scammer List

Guy@BMT Stellenbosch

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Hubbers,

Anyone approached by a Pierre Scoltz - 081 063 6147 via any of your wanted adds?

No, but that number does confirm the name on truecaller so its not an alias. Why?

No, but that number does confirm the name on truecaller so its not an alias. Why?

Ah great tactic to use truecaller! tx. he approached me having a Indoor Trainer, that I posted as Wanted. Extremely good price and asking for instant/cellphone payment so it makes me worry-some after reading the stories in this thread.

Ah great tactic to use truecaller! tx. he approached me having a Indoor Trainer, that I posted as Wanted. Extremely good price and asking for instant/cellphone payment so it makes me worry-some after reading the stories in this thread.

Even though he passed the "truecaller test" it doesnt mean green light at all. In fact, asking for cellphone payment is a MAJOR red flag. Very easy to get a sim card (yes rica is very easy to get past), and put your name on truecaller. However its impossible to get a bank account without having a legit ID book with barcode. Stay very far away from anyone requesting cellphone payments.

Even though he passed the "truecaller test" it doesnt mean green light at all. In fact, asking for cellphone payment is a MAJOR red flag. Very easy to get a sim card (yes rica is very easy to get past), and put your name on truecaller. However its impossible to get a bank account without having a legit ID book with barcode. Stay very far away from anyone requesting cellphone payments.

Thanks for the good advices

Stay far away, what kind of person has no bank account.... a scammer type of person

This scammer is still at it  :cursing:

Here are the two most recent aliases and numbers that have been reported

• Schalk: 063 992 9462

• Pierre: 081 063 6147

• Willie: 083 846 2211

hi

i  bought / paid for  a 735 garmin watch from a Michael Basson  066 245 1272 on 23-10-19

just dissappeared off the radar.

not answering calls or replying to messages. / not on whatsapp

anybody else bought the same watch

i have not recieved the watch

hi

i  bought / paid for  a 735 garmin watch from a Michael Basson  066 245 1272 on 23-10-19

Hi, It also happened to me last Friday. I manage to track the bank account and the account registered to is Dwayne Lackay in Somerset Cape Town. I even got his house adress and parents number which i got from a fellow hubber. I spoke to his mom last night and she will be paying my money back (i know its not her fault). This lad has been scamming people since 2017. Please contact me on 0835619483. I will be taking a drive to his place.

hi

i bought / paid for a 735 garmin watch from a Michael Basson 066 245 1272 on 23-10-19

Truecaller brings him up as Dwayne, there was a kid Dwayne from Stellenbosch taking chances back in the day. Probably not related in any way

Hi, It also happened to me last Friday. I manage to track the bank account and the account registered to is Dwayne Lackay in Somerset Cape Town. I even got his house adress and parents number which i got from a fellow hubber. I spoke to his mom last night and she will be paying my money back (i know its not her fault). This lad has been scamming people since 2017. Please contact me on 0835619483. I will be taking a drive to his place.

Yep same kid then

His folks are well known Pastor's in Somerset and his mom was very embarrassed when I talk to her last night. Sounds like they are fed up and just pays everyone back he's scamming.

sounds like someone needs a hiding 

My point exactly and I was actually on my way to pay him a visit yesterday. I decided against it after spoken to his folks. They are deeply hurt by his actions and don't know what to do anymore. I even got details of his routine running route.

Edited by Demetri

ughhhh!! I have got this email from tons of scammers with a link to a fake paypal account

This guy tried to buy a car from me; an alias he used was Barry, being a diver, working on an offshore rig etc.

actually had a very similar experience with a kid in frystad about 2 years ago... mom also paid back money from her pocket.