The I-Team

tombeej

Tombeej, seems like the sudden change in weather (see 4 seasons every day this week) has affected many, including myself. Throat mostly, but feel up to it. Leaving at 5pm today. Do what the  Doc says. Your family needs you more than we do. The seed has been planted and all look set for an awesome day irrespective. Plenty cohesion present. We are hoping for a positive prognosis though. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a good time for this, but I may be out too. Not health reasons but private none the less. If I do start I will wear the cabletie with a dot out of solidarity (and to spread the word). Good luck and please enjoy this is NOT life and death - it is for enjoyment!

Tombeej, seems like the sudden change in weather (see 4 seasons every day this week) has affected many, including myself. Throat mostly, but feel up to it. Leaving at 5pm today. Do what the  Doc says. Your family needs you more than we do. The seed has been planted and all look set for an awesome day irrespective. Plenty cohesion present. We are hoping for a positive prognosis though. 

Fully agree on doing what the doctor says, but, it will suck if the people who started the ball wheel rolling on this can't be there.

Name                                     947 (2014)                            PB                    

BarefootDave

Basil Brush

bmw1za

bored_girl

BouncingBrain                                                         Shova 3:19

Cadre

Carpet

CASSIE1975

Diggers

Dirt De Vil

doeffels

Cav

doeffels

Craig 26

Fat Boab                                 03:40                        Satellite Classic (80km) 02:50.

eddyr

Firozfx                                      3:33                          R4V 3:07

HappyMartin                                                              Shova 3:11

Lurch

monkey on a bianchi               3:12                             R4V 3:14

morne1600

Patchelicious

Prince

Rob K                                        3:14

Rob Mortimer

Ryan's dad.                               3:28.                          2:57

Sandro                                     3:25

shaper

ScottC-M                                  3:40                            TD  3:07

StevieL                                     3:15                            TD 2:46

tombeej                                    2:58                            TD 2:39

wernerhp                                  3:40

Wez-O

Zaskar

I have a range of 94.7 results from my best 2:57 in 2008 to my worst 3:56 in 2011. Last year was 3:41.

I cannot say what my PB is I've had a few sub 3 results but it's been mostly flattish races like Bela Bela and Emperor's. 

My 94.7 results clearly show what kind of year I have had. When it's not a good one I'll do 3:30 or so. When I've ridden a good amount my result will be around  3:15. In 2013 I was probably my fittest but i did W2W and managed to develop some sort of knee pain which struck me on Jan Smuts and Republic. So I managed a 3:17 with my friends having to wait for me a lot. 

I have ridden quite a bit this year. I have done some long rides in the beginning of the year. So who knows? I am going on straight 3 weeks with a headache so that might just affect me a bit. I am quite excited though :) 

Also getting really excited, not so much about the time or PB but learning how to do all this road riding stuff/thingamajig

Going to print all the paceline & rolling though pic's and put them on the top tube, bugger the route markers and times

Also a slowish starter, I'm afraid

Good luck Captain Tom - hope it's not as bad as you think

Edited by Rob Mortimer

Name                                     947 (2014)                            PB                    

BarefootDave

Basil Brush

bmw1za

bored_girl

BouncingBrain                                                         Shova 3:19

Cadre                                      3:28                           TD 3:17

Carpet

CASSIE1975

Diggers

Dirt De Vil

doeffels

Cav

doeffels

Craig 26

Fat Boab                                 03:40                        Satellite Classic (80km) 02:50.

eddyr

Firozfx                                      3:33                          R4V 3:07

HappyMartin                                                              Shova 3:11

Lurch                                        3:35                           Capital Classic 2015 3:31

monkey on a bianchi               3:12                             R4V 3:14

morne1600

Patchelicious

Prince                                        DNS                          2:38  94.7 - 2008

Rob K                                        3:14

Rob Mortimer

Ryan's dad.                               3:28.                          2:57

Sandro                                     3:25

shaper

ScottC-M                                  3:40                            TD  3:07

StevieL                                     3:15                            TD 2:46

tombeej                                    2:58                            TD 2:39

wernerhp                                  3:40

Wez-O

Zaskar

No racing done in the past 18 months so no high expectations. Just get no 10 under the belt.

I think we overthinking and overstressing...

My throat is also scratchy but gargle and corryx is sorting that out.

We gonna be just fine and we gonna have a jol. I look forward to putting faces to hub names

Plan to absorb and suck up  every bit of this ride ... Cheering and clapping hands excitedly 

Sorry to hear about the setback.

But then again that's what happens with Cadre deployment :)

This is the hubbers coffee/twitter ride (although at pace and  a goal) with assistance from others more powerful... so lets enjoy it, work for each other as that is the goal Team I has set out.

Most of us have raced a bit so have a fair idea of bunch riding, maybe not the finer points... but I suspect with so many potentially in the group we will likely fragment into smaller groups... irrespective, you know that the group you will be in will be working together so hopefully all do a PB... if not all have a jol and good race report afterwards.

I will put all on the line as am aiming for a sub 3, if I can work with the stronger guys to achieve that I will be grateful, and if others achieve it too... fantastic!!

Race day is race day, I try not to over think things ... pitch, meet new friends, ride hard and enjoy!!

I will be there no matter how am feeling, even if it is raining   :whistling:

If nothing else will be able to put names and faces to hub profiles... whether that is a good thing or not i don't know yet  :ph34r: hahahaha

See you all Sunday!!

I'm going to see the doc this morning. I think I've got tonsillitis - not feeling great.

Based on what the doc says, and how I feel early tomorrow morning when I wake up, I'll make a call then as to whether I make the drive to JHB or not.

Will be absolutely gutted if I don't make this thing.

No no no, no chickening out now... take what you need get better, and start taking it now!!

I'm back from the doc. Thankfully not tonsillitis - just a bacterial throat infection. But still feels like I swallowed a porcupine backwards.

Anyway, one double-dose antibiotics and we'll see how things feel tomorrow morning  :thumbup: .

I'm back from the doc. Thankfully not tonsillitis - just a bacterial throat infection. But still feels like I swallowed a porcupine backwards.

Anyway, one double-dose antibiotics and we'll see how things feel tomorrow morning  :thumbup: .

Hope you recover well  :thumbup: