Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

I ended up on 490 points after yesterday’s 3 plays, so I’ll probably go for a combination of Dis-Chem and Kauai vouchers.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you get half of what you previously received.

Just imagine if, for example Vodacom, did that.

12 months into a 24 month cell contract they notified you that they will be halving your minutes and data for the same premium. Wonder what the response would be to that.......

12 months into a 24 month cell contract they notified you that they will be halving your minutes and data for the same premium. Wonder what the response would be to that.......

Doesn't quite equate to your scenario as we are not paying for the bonus points, just gaining them.  As such we don't pay for them

You have said many times you are anti-discovery and are out of their system.... so see no reason why you keep coming on here and bashing them... starts to make you look bitter!!

Many of us are on discovery for other reasons, the rewards are just bonus and tbh a bit of fun and something for nothing... which is a lot better than some other medical aids that give you nothing for the onset.

Doesn't quite equate to your scenario as we are not paying for the bonus points, just gaining them.  As such we don't pay for them

You have said many times you are anti-discovery and are out of their system.... so see no reason why you keep coming on here and bashing them... starts to make you look bitter!!

Many of us are on discovery for other reasons, the rewards are just bonus and tbh a bit of fun and something for nothing... which is a lot better than some other medical aids that give you nothing for the onset.

I hear you, and I still have other Discovery products which is why I still lurk.

For me, it was the rewards and what I could get back for my premium that had me join Vitality. Maybe the wrong reasons to begin with and I left because I never got what I thought I would, and with the changes would get even less.

I have taken your criticism though and will rather not comment on any Vitality matters going forward.

Vodacom would just take them away and not take your call when you tried to follow up.

I hear you, and I still have other Discovery products which is why I still lurk.

For me, it was the rewards and what I could get back for my premium that had me join Vitality. Maybe the wrong reasons to begin with and I left because I never got what I thought I would, and with the changes would get even less.

I have taken your criticism though and will rather not comment on any Vitality matters going forward.

I think you can still get back in other area's and the total payback would be more than your Vitality premium.

Gym booster / shoe booster / apple watch etc, at the end of the day those all add up. Learn to work the system properly...

And some people are not getting how the new system works:

1. 100 miles for achieving weekly goal + 1 play

2. A bonus play for those that achieve all 3.

100 miles / 6 = 15.x

The previous minimum play was 25, but I haven’t seen the value for any play (yet).

A few people are only seeing the 100 miles they get and not the play - that could yield more miles.

Edit: the divide by 6 was the conversion of old points to miles. The new system is 10 Disco Miles = R1.00 so 100 points for achieving a goal equals R10.00 to spend. However, the game board will have something extra available, so the perceived lower value by only counting the 100 miles is wrong.

Edited by Frosty

And some people are not getting how the new system works:

1. 100 miles for achieving weekly goal + 1 play

2. A bonus play for those that achieve all 3.

100 miles / 6 = 15.x

The previous minimum play was 25, but I haven’t seen the value for any play (yet).

A few people are only seeing the 100 miles they get and not the play - that could yield more miles.

It is what it is now, I am waiting to see what happen on wed (I assume when we get to perform the first play) and then again next week, to see what is going to happen.  Currently I have not moved over to the new Disc Bank.  We have had some benefits from vitality before so continued using it this year, the weekly rewards is a bonus.

I have already received 100 miles for both the Bank and Drive goals. Hopefully I get true Health one today as I wasn’t able to work out last night.

Then tomorrow is merely a chance to play the game board and see how the new system works.

Let me be the first (this morning) to say that the new rewards are absolutely lame. Previously, at minimum, I would get 3 x 25 = R75 worth of rewards, this morning I have 300 for making all targets 210 for the gameplays.

Brings us to a whole 510 = R51

Ho hum

Minimum of 50 miles, max of 100 per play + 100 instant miles for each goal achieved per week. Not quite the same value as before, but still a nice added bonus on top of all the other benefits I receive for living my life like I would normally live it anyway.

post-2133-0-97493800-1579066095_thumb.jpeg

Minimum of 50 miles, max of 100 per play + 100 instant miles for each goal achieved per week. Not quite the same value as before, but still a nice added bonus on top of all the other benefits I receive for living my life like I would normally live it anyway.

Yeah, you got an awesome R11 + R20 there. Don’t spend it all at once.

(To put that in perspective, last week that would have been 2 x 25 = R50 at minimum)

Edited by Craai

Being a Discovery member, how much does it cost to join the vitality program?

Health is R300, drive i think is 90 and money is 15