Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Near the beginning I got a few diamonds then earlier this year one that I couldn't use as it expired before I got another [emoji34]

I guess maybe I'm just unlucky but all I get is a 25/30 pointer here and there and a 40 this week 'wow'

Actually at the point where the cost of Vitality makes no sense to me vs what I get out of it. Will be cancelling it post haste

I got 3 when it was in the open period last year - I converted those 3 to a R500 Cape Union Mart voucher. Since then, I've got one 100, one 75 and plenty 25s, 30s and 40s.

Today I have 0 plays available, instead of the 2 that I should be getting. I also see the app is showing up a lot of blank information:

• Health - shows okay
  • Drive - unavailable
  • Money - Book now
  • Unable to load Vitality Active Rewards
3baaee08e187ad0177e17cf5f5df8bde.jpg Edited by Frosty

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got 3 when it was in the open period last year - I converted those 3 to a R500 Cape Union Mart voucher. Since then, I've got one 100, one 75 and plenty 25s, 30s and 40s.

Today I have 0 plays available, instead of the 2 that I should be getting. I also see the app is showing up a lot of blank information:

• Health - shows okay
  • Drive - unavailable
  • Money - Book now
  • Unable to load Vitality Active Rewards
Not worth the trouble to my mind and I hit my target every week without fail

Shhh. The first rule of Fight benefit is that you don't talk about Fight benefit.

:clap: :clap: :clap:  Thanks for that, did not see it.

Not worth the trouble to my mind and I hit my target every week without fail

Doesn't bother me too much as it doesn't have an adverse effect on my life. I see value from using their products, so I take in on the chin. It this started affecting claims, cost money, and more, then I might reconsider.

I log a query by email, then send them a DM (twitter) with the reference number. It's usually sorted a week later.

With the whole diamond thing, apparently if one expires you're supposed to get an additional pick. So I had 2 diamonds and got the notice that 1 was expiring last week, so thought let me see what happens.

Nope no extra pick this morning.

Anyone know how that's supposed to work?

Near the beginning I got a few diamonds then earlier this year one that I couldn't use as it expired before I got another [emoji34]

I guess maybe I'm just unlucky but all I get is a 25/30 pointer here and there and a 40 this week 'wow'

Actually at the point where the cost of Vitality makes no sense to me vs what I get out of it. Will be cancelling it post haste

Couple of friends already cancelled this year .... The irony being that they exercise and live healthy, but as the closest shop is not on the Vitality list, they exercise but dont do timed events, etc etc ...  Sometimes one has to "re-do" your life to fit in with a specific rewards program ....

The ABSA rewards never worked for me .... I dont shop at "their" shops, I use a different fuel station, etc ....  The FNB one fits me like a glove !  Been shopping and filling up at their prefered providers for decades.

We had some good years on Vitality, and then we parted ways .... just the way things go. 

With the whole diamond thing, apparently if one expires you're supposed to get an additional pick. So I had 2 diamonds and got the notice that 1 was expiring last week, so thought let me see what happens.

Nope no extra pick this morning.

Anyone know how that's supposed to work?

I was always under the impression if it expires, then it's gone

Where did you read up about getting another pick?

I was always under the impression if it expires, then it's gone

Where did you read up about getting another pick?

Further up in the thread, but it's in the next week, so last week a diamond expired, this week I have 2 plays.

Further up in the thread, but it's in the next week, so last week a diamond expired, this week I have 2 plays.

So do I have to wait another week then.

So do I have to wait another week then.

Well, if it expired this week, then next week is "the following week"

Yeah, I also get a blank page going to the Goals link.

I really hope that they implement a browser platform some time, I really detest this app-only interface.

Edit:

Actually, just had another brainwave sprung from my previous issues. When I go into the app on Cellular Data and not WiFi, things work. I have achieved my goal (Retirement Assessment) for this month.

So maybe try that out.

Edit:

It wants me to provide proof of my savings, but I can literally not find ANY place to submit these documents...

hbnQCHx.png

Logged into the normal Discovery App this morning and saw that I have a Vitality Money goal there

CLdbCP4.png

Wife just got her 5th diamond, and she said, "thanks for the continual pushing to get to 900 points a week, now I can see it was worth it". This coming from an anti-activity type of person.

I'm going to come past your house so your wife can pick my tiles.

I've only ever gotten 1 x Diamond and mostly 25's or 30's.

I'm going to come past your house so your wife can pick my tiles.

I've only ever gotten 1 x Diamond and mostly 25's or 30's.

After restarting my phone this morning, I was able to access the game board. I then asked her to play for me, and got 25 and 30.

Logged into the normal Discovery App this morning and saw that I have a Vitality Money goal there

CLdbCP4.png

How does this work in terms of providing proof. Do you provide proof of retirement savings etc that you have at other companies? Does your house repayment etc need to come off your Discovery bank account?