Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

@Myles

You still sick and it seems that you having a rough day.

You have my permission to go home and chill.

Let me know if you want to go swipe your VA card and collect a smoothie, will gladly sponsor you one.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Myles

You still sick and it seems that you having a rough day.

You have my permission to go home and chill.

Let me know if you want to go swipe your VA card and collect a smoothie, will gladly sponsor you one.

Hey I'm not working my backside off 2 days a week to make my target so you can give them away! 

...... oh wait I see it's to calm the Captain down, then it's OK go ahead  :thumbup:

Edited by NotSoBigBen

But Strava no longer counts?

I don't think the Wahoo Tickr works with S-Health then? I know the R1500 Polar H7 strap works.

Even easier would be just to get the Tickr or the H7 and use the Polar Beat software, links directly to Discovery with your Polar account. The other thing to consider is that they have reduced the number of official events that give you points and to get your 30000 points next year you would have to exercise 300 of the 365 days if you only work on speed data.

Sent from my E5603 using Tapatalk

Did a 5km run yesterday with my Bryton Cardio 60. Uploaded it to Brytons' website and from there sync it to Strava.

But Vitality didn't approve it because I got 0 points for the run... :thumbdown:  :thumbdown:

Well this is a first for me, getting points for two events on the same day.

One was gym swipe, the other a cycle in the afternoon

post-42568-0-90378400-1464710714_thumb.png

Well this is a first for me, getting points for two events on the same day.

One was gym swipe, the other a cycle in the afternoon

They'll amend it once their system picks up the error

They'll amend it once their system picks up the error

The way I read their initial example when they changed the points, it indicated that you could get points for multiple exercises on the same day, or atleast that is the impression I got. Haven't tried it though. If they do allow it, it may have to be for different activity types.

Its happened two me a few times where I get points for two activities on one day

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

The way I read their initial example when they changed the points, it indicated that you could get points for multiple exercises on the same day, or atleast that is the impression I got. Haven't tried it though. If they do allow it, it may have to be for different activity types.

https://www.discovery.co.za/discovery_coza/web/linked_content/pdfs/vitality/vitality_news/vitality_active_rewards_new_points.pdf

Don't see anything limiting the number of activities per day with the new rules. I know it was a restriction before.

Its happened two me a few times where I get points for two activities on one day

Me too. Then mine get corrected prior to the next points tally on the Friday. One set of points per day in my experience

Disco and I aren't friends at the moment

Well, I know for a fact that it was 2 sessions on a Friday the one time that gave me a "goal achieved". Do.t know abou the rest though, will actually go and have look

It may only be two events if one of them is a gym swipe. If you upload any HR data on the same day as a gym swipe you get those points too. Had that a few times now.

So smoothie for me this morning because the stupid Discovery App wouldn't work.

IMO the Discovery App is a real piece of SH!T

It lakes so long to open the Rewards page and to open the Activity History takes even longer.

You guys also experience this ?

I changed phones and it's the same crap on both phones.

So I figure that it's either Voodoocom or Discovery.

So smoothie for me this morning because the stupid Discovery App wouldn't work.

IMO the Discovery App is a real piece of ****

It lakes so long to open the Rewards page and to open the Activity History takes even longer.

You guys also experience this ?

I changed phones and it's the same crap on both phones.

So I figure that it's either Voodoocom or Discovery.

I think its the App itself or the backend that can't handle the traffic. I find that at times I need to login again or keep trying a number of times before it eventually loads.

The app is slow, but so far no problems on my side.

I am a bit OCD when it comes to keeping the memory clean, and I archive, clear the cache and delete unwanted stuff on a daily basis. Not sure if this affects the app or not.