Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

I just got the following email from Discovery:

"The Vitality programme is designed to encourage and reward our members for living well and taking care of their health.

In order to protect the integrity of this health programme, we do periodic reviews of our members’ points-earning activities. During a recent review of fitness points allocated to Vitality members during 2017, a number of fitness points linked to a fitness device workout were flagged as irregular on your policy.

If you would like to dispute this finding or have any queries about this, please contact vitalityreview_dispute@discovery.co.za. If we do not hear from you before Friday, 16 February 2018, these points will be automatically deducted from your 2017 Vitality points monitor, and your Vitality status will be recalculated.

We encourage you to keep getting healthy to get rewarded.

Discovery Forensics"

WTF! If I dont respond in 2 days they are just going to take my points! They could have at least provided a list of workouts they find "irregular" and the reasoning behind it. Nice and transparent!

Anyone else got this?

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"The Vitality programme is designed to encourage and reward our members for living well and taking care of their health.

In order to protect the integrity of this health programme, we do periodic reviews of our members’ points-earning activities. During a recent review of fitness points allocated to Vitality members during 2017, a number of fitness points linked to a fitness device workout were flagged as irregular on your policy.

If you would like to dispute this finding or have any queries about this, please contact vitalityreview_dispute@discovery.co.za. If we do not hear from you before Friday, 16 February 2018, these points will be automatically deducted from your 2017 Vitality points monitor, and your Vitality status will be recalculated.

Discovery Forensics"

WTF! If I dont respond in 2 days they are just going to take my points! They could have at least provided a list of workouts they find "irregular" and the reasoning behind it. Nice and transparent!

Anyone else got this?

Sjo, hectic! Haven't gotten anything like that. But then again, the only thing I could be accused of is the extra steps I got from the vibrations of a game drive.

Did you do anything to "work the system"? Or are they taking a fat chance?

Unbelievable email, arrogant big brother company, given the upper limit is only 30000 points pa which if you on weekly goal of 1200 is only 25 weeks...clearly they just looking to irritate their active clients!

Sjo, hectic! Haven't gotten anything like that. But then again, the only thing I could be accused of is the extra steps I got from the vibrations of a game drive.

Did you do anything to "work the system"? Or are they taking a fat chance?

Nope. Unless doing multiple types of exercise (MTB, swim, run and squash) on my Garmin is working the system. The only thing I can possibly think of is they don't like my high hart rate when I choose "other" as type of exercise when I am playing squash.. 

Discovery Forensics"

Anyone else got this?

I read it as “respond within two days”, not “provide proof within two days”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My father just received the same notice. He just runs with his Fenix and as he does upwards of 2000km per year he has zero need to cheat for points.

I'm livid! There's an implicit presumption of guilt here, if you don't reply within two days they just revoke the points. They provide no information on the flagged activities themselves.

I can't seem to activate this benefit.

Tried the link within the discovery website. doesn't work.

Any advice?

You have to call

Edited by Dexter-morgan

Discovery Forensics"

Anyone else got this?

I got the same mail. Would have been nice of them elaborate.

Any advise on this pls:  During the week I train on my Tacx VR Indoor Trainer at home.  I use my Garmin HR belt to record heartrate and the Tacx software records the speed, distance, climbing in meters, power and cadence.  I have been trying for 3 weeks to get points for these workouts.  I am able to upload the tcx and gpx file to my Garmin Connect but Vitality seems to think I am manually entering this data. What to do?

Edited by teampeanut

Discovery Forensics"

Anyone else got this?

I got the same mail.

It is total BS for them to send out something like this without the detail behind it. They probably have to many people on diamond this year and now they are trying to pull a fast one.

Been going to the same M&B on Thursday mornings to grab my Serious Cuppacino, no issue. This morning, the laaitie gives me a bill and says the reward only works on the Regular Cappucino. I call BS, show him the Ts &Cs on the reward where it clearly states the Serious size is also covered. But he insists the code doesn't work, so I tell him to then bring me a regular size.

So, has anybody else experienced this? Or is this laaitie taking a fat chance?

Any advise on this pls:  During the week I train on my Tacx VR Indoor Trainer at home.  I use my Garmin HR belt to record heartrate and the Tacx software records the speed, distance, climbing in meters, power and cadence.  I have been trying for 3 weeks to get points for these workouts.  I am able to upload the tcx and gpx file to my Garmin Connect but Vitality seems to think I am manually entering this data. What to do?

If your Garmin (computer, watch, if you own one) is not the original recording device, you won't get any points, no matter how hard you try. They analyse your .fit files, which is inherent to Garmin. 

I once recorded with the Wattbike app, uploaded the TCX file to GC, no points for that workout. 

Been going to the same M&B on Thursday mornings to grab my Serious Cuppacino, no issue. This morning, the laaitie gives me a bill and says the reward only works on the Regular Cappucino. I call BS, show him the Ts &Cs on the reward where it clearly states the Serious size is also covered. But he insists the code doesn't work, so I tell him to then bring me a regular size.

So, has anybody else experienced this? Or is this laaitie taking a fat chance?

I tried to claim my Disco Insure reward this morning, stating invalid token, even though it was fresh off the press just yesterday!