Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Link the Polar Beat app to Discovery and get yourself a bluetooth HR belt, then it works just fine.

For some remote reason mine still does not write correctly back to the Health app though, it always shows as steps but that doesn't really phase me as long as I'm getting the points.

the plan is to get a HR belt at some stage, but money is about as readily available as water in cape town so it will have to wait.

I did find a setting when I logged into discovery via the website that had something to do with permissions granted to the polar app. Havent had the chance to test it yet but hopefully that will sort it out.

edit:  got a nice surprise the other day, I check my vitality points and there has been a huge jump in points.

Turns out my visit to the optometrist got me points when she did a glaucoma test.

Edited by ouzo

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone received their "up to 50% of vitality point in MILES", mine shows today, did not quite get 50% but R3k odd miles is good for me.

Just checked now and nothing, guess they loading in batches or something

Has anyone received their "up to 50% of vitality point in MILES", mine shows today, did not quite get 50% but R3k odd miles is good for me.

nothing on my side yet...

Anybody on here on vitality that needs a new person in their "team" to get free stuff.

I make my goal every week but unfortunately cannot say the same for the rest of my "team".

I want more free stuff. PM if you interested. Got 2 open spaces after I decided to demote my current team mates

Anybody on here on vitality that needs a new person in their "team" to get free stuff.

I make my goal every week but unfortunately cannot say the same for the rest of my "team".

I want more free stuff. PM if you interested. Got 2 open spaces after I decided to demote my current team mates

As far as I know, there's no more team reward. Replaced with surprise rewards. 3x goals in a row will get you a surprise reward.

There is no more team rewards anymore, so no need to add anyone

You demoted them for no reason. Team rewards are no longer active. So no free stuff if your tjommies make their goals

the plan is to get a HR belt at some stage, but money is about as readily available as water in cape town so it will have to wait.

I did find a setting when I logged into discovery via the website that had something to do with permissions granted to the polar app. Havent had the chance to test it yet but hopefully that will sort it out.

edit:  got a nice surprise the other day, I check my vitality points and there has been a huge jump in points.

Turns out my visit to the optometrist got me points when she did a glaucoma test.

Ok so that setting did nothing, the Polar info still just comes through as a workout, and because there is no HR info I just get the points for the time.

I re-linked cyclemeter app to health app (had to renew my elite subscription again) and now it pulls through as a cycle even and I get the points as such. I still need to test if I need both apps running (one for workout time the other for speed). Its a bit of schlep having to start them both but until I can get a HR belt its the workaournd I'll need to put up with.

I can't seem to activate this benefit.

Tried the link within the discovery website. doesn't work.

Any advice?