Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Ended up at the doctor this morning with an irritating cough and a tight chest. So that means 10 visits to gym to “clock in”, from today, before I can resume training again.

#bettersafethansorry

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ended up at the doctor this morning with an irritating cough and a tight chest. So that means 10 visits to gym to “clock in”, from today, before I can resume training again.

#bettersafethansorry

Had the same a month ago; instead of 7 dodgy gym swipes (leaving me still 200 points short) I whip out my trusty (but dodgy) HR strap that clocks my heart at 190bpm while watching TV on the couch. I know I can probably do the old garmin HR trick where you wear it for a minute at high HR and then take it off, but I suspect Disco will find a way at some point to counter this

Had the same a month ago; instead of 7 dodgy gym swipes (leaving me still 200 points short) I whip out my trusty (but dodgy) HR strap that clocks my heart at 190bpm while watching TV on the couch. I know I can probably do the old garmin HR trick where you wear it for a minute at high HR and then take it off, but I suspect Disco will find a way at some point to counter this

I already have uploaded 600 for the week, so 3x100 swipes this week, followed by 6x100 and a 1x300 on Friday next week should see me through.

What also works is export the fit file from garmin for an old activity, change all the dates and the id in a text editor and upload it back to garmin.

What also works is export the fit file from garmin for an old activity, change all the dates and the id in a text editor and upload it back to garmin.

But only for 100 points I’m guessing?

Yeah, I was sick one weekend, pulled a ride from 3m back, had my 300 in like 30 minutes. Would use these tricks cautiously, but I was just mostly surprised that it actually worked.

Yeah, I was sick one weekend, pulled a ride from 3m back, had my 300 in like 30 minutes. Would use these tricks cautiously, but I was just mostly surprised that it actually worked.

I’m surprised, would have thought it would be seen as a manual activity. Oh well, good to have a back up plan for when flu strikes again ????

I’m surprised, would have thought it would be seen as a manual activity. Oh well, good to have a back up plan for when flu strikes again [emoji39]

Creating it would be manual, but your uploading a fit file which as far as I know only garmin uses, but either way it's a file that was generated by a garmin with a garmin device id uploaded to garmin. Assuming you change nothing else they'd be none the wiser.

I had to visit the doc on Monday...from popping the odd disprin ...to 16 pills day...i was asked to sign a document...no document to read just a computerised signing  pad...feeling the way i did on monday (was feeling really crap) just signed it. Today i get an email with the document i was suppose to read before signing...like most things in SA ...i can only laugh...maybe they should send the document to you so that you can first read it then respond.

"We have received your consent on the HealthID application on 2019/07/29"

The T&C's are rather interesting...as it points out in no 7 ...i had the opportunity to read or had it read to me ...there was no document ...how ignorant are we to just sign these documents...and what rights i have i signed away.

I wouldnt wish whatever it was that i have had for the past 5 days on anyone...today i woke up coughing...nose running and sweating ...but feeling much better...on Monday i slept on off for almost 48 hours.

I had to visit the doc on Monday...from popping the odd disprin ...to 16 pills day...i was asked to sign a document...no document to read just a computerised signing  pad...feeling the way i did on monday (was feeling really crap) just signed it. Today i get an email with the document i was suppose to read before signing...like most things in SA ...i can only laugh...maybe they should send the document to you so that you can first read it then respond.

"We have received your consent on the HealthID application on 2019/07/29"

The T&C's are rather interesting...as it points out in no 7 ...i had the opportunity to read or had it read to me ...there was no document ...how ignorant are we to just sign these documents...and what rights i have i signed away.

I wouldnt wish whatever it was that i have had for the past 5 days on anyone...today i woke up coughing...nose running and sweating ...but feeling much better...on Monday i slept on off for almost 48 hours.

I would reply to that email, stating that:

1) you were NOT given the opportunity to read the document,

2) the document was NOT read, nor explained to you.

I detest having to sign stuff that you "cant read" ... that includes not getting a copy to read AND given a fine print encyclopedia which a normal person can decypher in any case ....

I had a nice Discovery/Kulula related surprise this morning. My flight to Cape Town next week just got upgraded to British Airwaves for free, which is pretty cool!

I had a nice Discovery/Kulula related surprise this morning. My flight to Cape Town next week just got upgraded to British Airwaves for free, which is pretty cool!

I get that quite often now. Love it when it happens. Even got put in business class for the first time ever 2 months ago!

Perhaps I should also follow this route.

A month before I was ported to Discovery Bank they took R400-odd for the annual Discovery Miles fee, a month later Miles seize to exist under Discovery Bank. What a damn waste.

New to this forum. I queried the same with a banker. It seems we will be refunded pro-rata for the annual fee as Miles has been paused till the new "e-money" version of Miles launches in Sept

Anyone know how to link/manage devices on the new mobile app?

Problem is that I need to link my Samsung Health app. I managed to delink (dumb, I know), but now I need to link it again. The button I used to manage links is gone now that it's unlinked.

Anyone know how to link/manage devices on the new mobile app?

Problem is that I need to link my Samsung Health app. I managed to delink (dumb, I know), but now I need to link it again. The button I used to manage links is gone now that it's unlinked.

If you go into the vitality screen and scroll down the devices and apps option is still there