Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Vitality Dan - 1 post and now...  MIA !  Another great PR display by  Discovery Vitality, NOT!  

Was thinking to change to Discovery but guess what - big promises with poor delivery = NO NEW MEMBERS!

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you not read previous posts? See the answer to your number 3 in my response below.

Plus: 

You will receive cash backs for events you have already registered for, provided that:

• It is on the Team Vitality race calendar
  • The race is completed
  • You have not reached the quarterly spend limit of R3 000
  • You race in your Team Vitality shirt

what they mean with "pre-registration" is that they wont pay back the late entry fee amount, they refund you based on what it costs to do early registration. 

No i did not read all the previous 20 pages.  :blush:

I will certainly not be joining - If one has already paid ones CSA license fee for 2015, Discovery will NOT reimburse you.

"Thank you for your email

Unfortunately we will not be able to reimburse you for your CSA licence.

Regards

Team Vitality"

What a joke.

Hi Dan,

I as many others loved the idea of this vibe at the start. Pity it has gone awry.

I will go through the main issues many face with this offering:

1. 85% of cylists already have garmin and a helmet so the discount prices are zero incentive or saving.

2. You now do not cover CSA membership (R145)

3. From your list of road events in Cape Town, I am entered in all 3, I still will only get R 450 back.

4. Unless your shirt design is as sick as our teams shirt design, which is highly unlikely, I doubt anyone cares about said shirt.

5. We do not want to hear about possible races that are still to be added to your calendar. There is no ways to hold discovery to that, we must just hope discovery add more races, we can only judge on whats available now. (Discovery said it WAS going to cover CSA, now it is not, so discovery promises are not worth much.)

I am an avid discovery member and I am on Diamond status, everything insured with you okes, but this is not Ayoba.

#hammer

Edited by Pure Savage

Vitality Dan - 1 post and now...  MIA !  Another great PR display by  Discovery Vitality, NOT!  

Was thinking to change to Discovery but guess what - big promises with poor delivery = NO NEW MEMBERS!

He probably took marko35's advice to heart -won't be back before he receives some danger pay from Discovery...

Edited by Skubarra

What a joke.

Yep I think there is a reason why Team Vitality only starts in Feb as they know the serious racers who are likely to do many events will have already paid for their CSA licence so Team Vitality will not be in a position to loose money on the serious cyclist and runners.

Have a feeling this is geared to the noobs who want to get into the sports and think they will be getting a good deal... and will prob join and do 2 events a year Argus or 94.7 and one other.

Most of us who have dissected this to see if there is value... are here poking the embers of a dying fire to see if there is any life in the future.. and perhaps a phoenix will pop out !!

My gut feeling is there wont be a big uptake of this in the first year, due to the ill thought out and way put forward.... so may well die a death before the years end.... which is a pity as it could have been a very good benefit to bring to discovery's existing members and maybe convinced those who participate in events a lot to consider moving to Discovery!

And it is UP TO never forget that. And it is up to 25% on some races and 50% on others. So what determines the real %?

Probably your vitality status. All their other rewards are based on vitality status. You'll only get 50% back if you're a diamond member.

Probably your vitality status. All their other rewards are based on vitality status. You'll only get 50% back if you're a diamond member.

Nope. Read back a few pages and you'll find the answer.

You get 50% back on he PRE ENTRY cost. Up to, because late entries often cost more than pre entries do

I considered joining when the initial emails came out last year. I got the impression most races would be covered (probably misread the emails). But after the first communications this year, I paid my ROAG fees as this just didnt make sense to me.

similar to what has been said in some of the previous posts:

I already have a Garmin Edge (it would have been nice if the voucher could have been used for anything that is cycling related from Garmin , GPS, HR belts, Speed/ Cadence sensors, etc)

I have no intention of getting anything from Rudy Project (have had glasses and helmet, and they dont work for me). Maybe the voucher should have been for stuff from ASG?

The shirt, I have more than enough, as it is, I'm hardly wearing half the stuff.

And, I'm not paying on the promise that there might be a race some time this year that might be included later, that I might get a % back of my entry.

(and I'm on Diamond level on Vitality, so I do use the facility)

This is typical of Discovery marketing hype...full of promises...very little on the delivery....wouldn't trust them if they were the last insurance company in the world! As the saying goes "bullsh*t baffles brains" and if it sounds too good to be true it is !!!

An ill thought out marketing ploy.

I guess the peeps who will form part of "club discovery" will be subjected to the club100 rules and regs.

My Question is, how do I know how much cash back I will get? it says UP TO on all the races. So what now? Is it status linked or what? I have not seen any correspondence in this regard. 

My Question is, how do I know how much cash back I will get? it says UP TO on all the races. So what now? Is it status linked or what? I have not seen any correspondence in this regard.

Dude. Its been explained in virtually every 3rd post. Please read...