Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Hi gerald.

My Garmin/Strava is already set up to sync, so if I manually uploaded the tcx file to garmin, then it will double end in Strava, but might have to do that, (and then delete 2nd copy from Strava) just so that connect.garmin can feed Vitality.

Create a seperate garmin account only for this purpose and dont link it to strava and only link to vitality?

I thought the separate GC accounts was a schlep, but it works well and I second what lerouc posted

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi gerald.

My Garmin/Strava is already set up to sync, so if I manually uploaded the tcx file to garmin, then it will double end in Strava, but might have to do that, (and then delete 2nd copy from Strava) just so that connect.garmin can feed Vitality.

G

afaik strava will pick it up as a duplicate and not upload it

Points still haven't carried through from this weekend. Oh well..

Neither have mine, strange it reflects as an activity and points awarded for vitality points but not vitality rewards. Weird

Neither have mine, strange it reflects as an activity and points awarded for vitality points but not vitality rewards. Weird

LOL. Mine does neither. 3,000 points. Mehness. Oh well. 

Wonder what the going rate for a 90+min ride at 158bpm will start getting soon, in tcx format.

A local pro could sell two rides a day to those execs that have bought Apple Watch and gym booster and too lazy to work out.

Reckon it would be worth R40 a ride, he can sell 5 a week, nice boost to his income and will be cheaper for the exec than paying the full cost discovery would charge for missing goals.

Supply and demand.

Could add R2k to local pro salary.

Pro would load to training peaks, exec to garmin account. The exec would just provide the pro with garmin connect log in details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can do a 30 min run twice a week for 600 points

any offers?

Maybe not, I saw someone who rides the same routes as me has done double my miles, on closer inspection it was a strava upload and a garmin upload. Not sure what settings he uses, but strange.

If you try manual upload, it does not let you, but if pushed from garmin it allows I think.

Thanks, clearly I don't know half as much as I should

Mine is uploaded like normal.

Uploaded this morning's session and it's already showing.

Goal achieved for the week.

Another smoothie and once my team complete's there sessions I'll get y 2nd smoothie.

Myles, my offer still stands for a smoothie ;-)

You deserve a bells but you too far away for that.

Auditor, but close enough. I don't get enough time to ride to do this, but I know there are people trying to make it as pro's and there is demand for this and a monetary value, it's the free market.

Same as those uturn food vouchers, they were supposed to remove cash handed to beggars, but the beggars would trade these for cash to people who would use vouchers for the clothes Etc at Uturn.

It's not ideal but humans will be humans. It's similar to selective uploading etc

(Discovery have allowed this loop hole by not syncing strava and training peaks etc)

Haha, now I understand those long, long, long painful rides on the weekend... Just to escape the week! :)

Another smoothie and once my team complete's there sessions I'll get y 2nd smoothie.

Sorry I've been sick and just recovering  :whistling:

I am trying to arrange a new set of rims... Donations welcome :P 

LOL. Mine does neither. 3,000 points. Mehness. Oh well. 

me too.

I have 3 x 90+min moderate activities not showing... no smoothie next week  :thumbdown: 

PS I need a new teammate, my current one is not achieving goals (I like a weekly pre and post gym espresso)

PM me your email