Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Yes, but next year will be a different story. By 31 Jan 2017 you will have accumulated a maximum of 4500 fitness points (assuming you ride on 29, 30 and 31 Jan.)

I think a lot of people will move on to endurance next year.

I guess the only way to max out next year will be through races.

Not at all. If you are achieving your weekly rewards target currently on standard then it will done before September with no races and only 3 x 30 mins at 80% a week.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Prior to the VAR points most who had bought into the system were reaching gold by the end of February, March at the latest, by doing the online and health and fitness assessments etc in conjunction with the fitness points being allocated.

This year with the ridiculous points system most were there by mid January.

I suspect once we see the points allocation criteria for the online assessments, health and fitness assessments etc we will be back to hitting gold by March.  DON'T FORGET TO ADD THESE POINTS IN YOUR CALCS. Is not just based on workout points.

Discovery have yet to advise the points allocation for 2017, whether it will stay as is or be "tweaked", no one knows yet.

For me it does not really matter when I get to gold whether is in January, June or October as I know I will hit it as am active and have bought into the discovery game :)  It is of course nice to get the gold target out of the way early in the year, maintain my diamond status and not worry about it.  I will look at the points system come 01 January 2017 and will start on how to get the allocation as quickly as possible.  

In my mind your fitness points and your vitality rewards points have always been two separate entities. The fact that there's a 900 or 1200 cap on reaching your rewards points goal should not impede your points for the fitness segment. Therefore (and this is all in my mind which is a weird and wonderful place) if you do 5 300 point sessions a week, you'd hit your 900/1200 rewards but continue to claim points in the fitness category... surely.

I mean, the fact that we've all hit our 30 000 fitness points does not stop us from earning rewards points. 

Just my guess...

Some important points to remember for the Flights booster:

-If you book your flight before you activate Vitality Active Rewards, you will not be able to boost that flight

-You can only activate Flight Booster for one flight at a time and for a limit of two flight bookings per calendar year.

-You must earn a minimum of six Vitality Active Rewards goals in order to unlock the Flight Booster. Once you have earned six goals, you will already have earned 30% off the base fare over and above your upfront Travel benefit discount based on your Vitality status

-Cash backs will be paid on your billing date, at least six weeks after the departure date of the last flight on your booking

Full terms can be found here:

https://www.discovery.co.za/discovery_coza/web/linked_content/pdfs/vitality/active_rewards/vitality_active_rewards_flight_booster_benefit_guide.pdf

I bit the bullet and booked flights for the Argus CTCT for my wife, our 1yo daughter and myself.

1st "catch", vitality active rewards are only applicable to persons over 18 years of age. So you can't select to Boost the flights of children, so you will not get any payback for the kids. Luckily a ticket for a 1yo is about R300 return, so no train smash.

You need to go to the Active Rewards section on Vitality to select the flights you want to apply the Flight Booster to.

The system seems to work, I'll give feedback here with any progress made. The more reasonable 900 point cap should make this a breeze...in theory.

Grrrr... I de-linked my Garmin device on connect.garmin.com but it's still showing up on Discovery Vitality page .... Discovery support clueless to help - anyone here know how to get it removed?

delink it via the discovery app

Can't... Garmin devices only allow delinking on Garmin site [emoji24]

Dude, perhaps if you looked on the app before responding you will see that you can.

click on vitality

click on Devices and apps

click on Garmin Devices

click on "Delink"

Dude perhaps if you clicked on Delink on the app you'd see the following:

d3ea755b59129902ba7c612da99957bc.jpg

Cool, then perhaps it just needs time for the system at Garmin to actually delink it... think the issue is more with garmin than discovery

When did you delink? Today?

Perhaps give it until the next day to refresh.

A week ago [emoji24]

Do you the Chinese guy called Sum Ting Wong?

Same boat and no feedback from discovery

Their Twitter feed has a number of "not linking" problems, including the delinking an relinking

I decided to delink my Garmin to see if brucem76's problem was his problem or Discovery's problem.

Mt Garmin device is still showing on the Discovery app despite the "remove permission" on Garmin Connect no longer showing.

It means I now have to manually submit my workouts until the problem has been resolved. I guess this statement applies to me: "As by dom is, moet jy k@k." - but I am willing to take one for the greater good.

I emailed fitnessdevices@discovery.co.za and received the following reply:

Dear Gerald

Thank you for your email regarding your Garmin workouts.

Please note that we currently have a known issue regarding Garmin Fenix 3 workouts pulling through as unverified resulting in members not receiving points for their qualifying workouts.

In order for us to allocate any missing points where necessary, kindly include detailed screen shots of all the workouts in question.

Please also send us the following information so that we can be able to assist you further:

Garmin username

Device model

Screen shots from the partner side showing that you have granted Discovery permission to receive workout data

Confirmation of the time zone that is set on the partner site

Once received we will forward the information to the technical team who will be able to investigate and assist in resolving this issue.

So clearly I didn't explain well enough the first time, that "I cannot complete the delink, and therefore unable to link the device again."

I will send the detailed information, they request, to them with screenshots of every possible screen and the steps

I took.

Let's see what happened. I'll keep this thread updated.

It is a fun game to play. Just do 2 rides a weeks for a free coffee or smoothie. 

Only one? If you have a team, then you get two.

Hmmmm... Strange. My fenix 3 isn't having any issues with data pulling through to Disco for my previous workouts.

May be just affecting a few ppl/.

Its not the fenix 3 , its that when it de link... discovery site and app still says it is linked... so u cant re link.

But on garmin connect there is no link.

7f819630dd88f4c26fc717cbe7ada15c.jpg

ebf4bb9ba5648ec044c048e10723db59.jpg7f819630dd88f4c26fc717cbe7ada15c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by RoboJedi

Only one? If you have a team, then you get two.

I have a team but, I'm the only one with an acceptable device i.e a polar HRM on my bike. Surely we would both need to be getting the points?

I have a team but, I'm the only one with an acceptable device i.e a polar HRM on my bike. Surely we would both need to be getting the points?

you need at least 2 team members to achieve their goals to get the extra smoothie

I decided to delink my Garmin to see if brucem76's problem was his problem or Discovery's problem.

Mt Garmin device is still showing on the Discovery app despite the "remove permission" on Garmin Connect no longer showing.

It means I now have to manually submit my workouts until the problem has been resolved. I guess this statement applies to me: "As by dom is, moet jy k@k." - but I am willing to take one for the greater good.

I emailed fitnessdevices@discovery.co.za and received the following reply:

Dear Gerald

Thank you for your email regarding your Garmin workouts.

Please note that we currently have a known issue regarding Garmin Fenix 3 workouts pulling through as unverified resulting in members not receiving points for their qualifying workouts.

In order for us to allocate any missing points where necessary, kindly include detailed screen shots of all the workouts in question.

Please also send us the following information so that we can be able to assist you further:

Garmin username

Device model

Screen shots from the partner side showing that you have granted Discovery permission to receive workout data

Confirmation of the time zone that is set on the partner site

Once received we will forward the information to the technical team who will be able to investigate and assist in resolving this issue.

So clearly I didn't explain well enough the first time, that "I cannot complete the delink, and therefore unable to link the device again."

I will send the detailed information, they request, to them with screenshots of every possible screen and the steps

I took.

Let's see what happened. I'll keep this thread updated.

Eek... should've trusted my competence  ^_^

I got the same random support emails that didn't take into account what I was telling them... they've now referred it to their tech dept.... will keep y'all posted as to what they say...

Yes, as shaper said. Two team mates must achieve goal to boost your reward. You are right, once the targets get above about 500 all team mates need an approved heart rate monitor linked to some app or website that links to discovery. I use a heart rate belt linked to my Samsung phone which has the SHealth app.

Edited by Martin PJ