Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

yeah, I'm far more excited about this than their life policy enhancements, which just add more complexity to an already overly complex product. It's a GREAT product, if used properly, but there are sooo many permutations that from a client perspective, and from a non-discovery tied agent perspective, they just don't know where to start or what to compare it against ito products from other providers. 

Thats the key... Its becoming more of an all-or-nothing product suite. Close your eyes for one or two 'changes' and you get left behind pretty quick.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, in many years I've never needed to go anywhere near Investec the building either. Moving away from bricks & mortar though sure is the future. The new Disco app apparently is the business.

It started off as being utter shaite, but this latest iteration is superb ito functionality and UI design. If the bank app works as shown, it'll be a far more streamlined experience than any I've personally experienced, and FAR better than the interactions I've had with Standard (which have been utterly horrid - can't do ANYTHING without going to a branch, where the employees are bound to reams and reams of paperwork and work slower than Flash Flash 100 yard dash (Zootropia reference)

That sucks big time as was going to go to Hirsch's this weekend !!  :thumbdown:

Have sent a query to Vitality to find out why.....

Response from Vitality... seems there is a limited spend, if you don't bank your money and vouchers you might not get anything

Dear Mr xxxx

Thank you for contacting Discovery Vitality.

Please kindly note that when the campaign started a certain amount of vouchers were sent through for the members to redeem.

Once the Vouchers sent through have been redeemed   the option for that partner can no longer be redeemed.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Have a lovely day

For any queries visit our online support page: www.discovery.co.za > Vitality > Help and "Send a query". For any general product and information related questions why not Ask Discovery on our home page. This interactive platform is designed to help you with every day questions about Discovery's products, processes and services. View a detailed breakdown of the points you have earned on the Vitality Points Monitor, and track your gym visits on the Gym Tracker on the gym, devices and fitness page.

Regards

Ntombozuko Ndevu

Discovery Vitality

Thats the key... Its becoming more of an all-or-nothing product suite. Close your eyes for one or two 'changes' and you get left behind pretty quick.

or, like some of our clients, who got the original cash conversion and whose Vitality statuses we manage properly - don't you dare touch that policy! 

The unfortunate thing is that in order to get some of these new things on the life policy side, you have to make some fundamental changes to some of the benefits / discounts / structures of the policy, which in some cases aren't in the clients' best interests. 

BUT. On the top tier benefits, with integration, vitality engagement, and proper structuring of the policy, it really is flippin difficult to beat, and sometimes impossible - much like Momentum's integration with Multiply, but more so. I'd LOVE to be able to change some of my clients who are perpetually on blue status, but quite frankly I can't, in some cases. 

Response from Vitality... seems there is a limited spend, if you don't bank your money and vouchers you might not get anything

Dear Mr xxxx

Thank you for contacting Discovery Vitality.

Please kindly note that when the campaign started a certain amount of vouchers were sent through for the members to redeem.

Once the Vouchers sent through have been redeemed   the option for that partner can no longer be redeemed.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Have a lovely day

For any queries visit our online support page: www.discovery.co.za > Vitality > Help and "Send a query". For any general product and information related questions why not Ask Discovery on our home page. This interactive platform is designed to help you with every day questions about Discovery's products, processes and services. View a detailed breakdown of the points you have earned on the Vitality Points Monitor, and track your gym visits on the Gym Tracker on the gym, devices and fitness page.

Regards

Ntombozuko Ndevu

Discovery Vitality

That is a pretty piss-poor excuse. Probably hidden very thoroughly in T's & C's somewhere, but that is quite a load of bull****.

That is a pretty piss-poor excuse. Probably hidden very thoroughly in T's & C's somewhere, but that is quite a load of bull****.

Yep, expected as much from them. There is always something hidden in their "amazing new offering".

As a result, I canceled my Vitality and switched banks to FNB, focusing on reaching the ebucks requirements and in my 2nd month I achieved R1000 in eBucks. Dropped cost by 50% for the banking and reward scheme, upped my reward payout by 200%, so I worth the effort.

But I am not married to any bank for life. If the value offering of Discovery Bank passes FNB I will gladly switch. Not there yet though.

Yep, expected as much from them. There is always something hidden in their "amazing new offering".

As a result, I canceled my Vitality and switched banks to FNB, focusing on reaching the ebucks requirements and in my 2nd month I achieved R1000 in eBucks. Dropped cost by 50% for the banking and reward scheme, upped my reward payout by 200%, so I worth the effort.

But I am not married to any bank for life. If the value offering of Discovery Bank passes FNB I will gladly switch. Not there yet though.

Nothing stopping you from doing both...

I mean, unless you didn't use any of the benefits, the 2 are not mutually exclusive (Vitality and ebucks / banking)

https://d16pi0tqkfzkv3.cloudfront.net/assets/cdn-content/bank/launch-videos/discovery-manifesto-launch.mp4

This is the launch video. I have to say, despite some of their drawbacks, they know how to make a fecking advert PROPERLY.

Their launches used to be the 1 industry event I would look forward to..they sure know how to treat their planners.[emoji16]

I kind of miss that about us not being contracted with them anymore.[emoji58]

Are there any major changes to the Health side of the business?

I can see them offering a MSA-free “hospital plan” with the benefits of having the banking option as the savings portion. Eliminating tue need to hold the “reserve” portion and offering lower rates.

Are there any major changes to the Health side of the business?

I can see them offering a MSA-free “hospital plan” with the benefits of having the banking option as the savings portion. Eliminating tue need to hold the “reserve” portion and offering lower rates.

there's already the option of that, with a Classic Smart / Essential Core etc and bank the savings a la Momentum Health Rewards. 

No other changes to med aid apart from the annual revisions which were shown in september, and there was no real change apart from in Keycare, which doesn't really affect many people here (I assume)

Slightly off topic (the Disco Bank, but still related) Got my replacement Disco credit card today. They would not however accept my FNB Insurance schedule as proof of residence. I pointed out to the courier that the card still shows RMB but he was apparently under instruction not to accept any FNB documents.

Slightly off topic (the Disco Bank, but still related) Got my replacement Disco credit card today. They would not however accept my FNB Insurance schedule as proof of residence. I pointed out to the courier that the card still shows RMB but he was apparently under instruction not to accept any FNB documents.

RMB is a division of fnb, which (currently) backs the cards. So he was correct.

quick question - can i go get my vitality health checks done at the discovery office in century city?

if yes, would i need an appointment?

can get your health checks done at most Dischems as well.

can get your health checks done at most Dischems as well.

Clicks as well, the advantage of going to disco is you can do you health and fitness all at once instead of going to dischem/clicks and then to the gym

The best decision that we made was going into a Disco wellness centre thingy and getting everything done in one sitting (Nurse, bio and dietitian). Makes life that much simpler. A Saturday morning appointment for the whole family and we are almost halfway to our goal in an hour or two.

Edited by Grebel

Discovery Bank share scheme

As part of its value proposition, Discovery Bank will give black depositors 10% equity in the business. These shares will be given to black depositors without any cost or risk to them.

The Discovery CEO admitted that there is some political risk because the plan excludes white customers.