Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Can anyone help here:

I am the principal member and I currently have the shoe booster activated. When I did this I had to list the bank details for the cashback payments.

Now my wife has activated her device booster but we have been unable to locate where she can input her bank details. Is that because it'll come into the account I listed as the principal member or are we just missing something?

Only 1 account per policy, you can do booster payouts to benificiary accounts.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only 1 account per policy, you can do booster payouts to benificiary accounts.

Thanks for the reply, so all into my account! Perfect (although I am paying for it anyway)  :ph34r:

Not sure this has been mentioned but it seems we can't redeem vouched for Woolworths anymore... 

Still available on the app though?

Are you saying they don't take the vouchers in-store?

Can anyone help here:

I am the principal member and I currently have the shoe booster activated. When I did this I had to list the bank details for the cashback payments. 

Now my wife has activated her device booster but we have been unable to locate where she can input her bank details. Is that because it'll come into the account I listed as the principal member or are we just missing something?

As far as i know, you are the main account holder so your banking details will be used.

*** sorry saw that your post had been answered ***

Edited by slickjay007

Just a quick question.... so my wife has activated her Apple watch benefit and i would like to know that if she carries on using her Garmin for her activities if the points allocated for workouts will go towards the Apple watch active reward goals?

I read something saying that the goals for the Apple watch are different to the normal weekly activity goals?

Just a quick question.... so my wife has activated her Apple watch benefit and i would like to know that if she carries on using her Garmin for her activities if the points allocated for workouts will go towards the Apple watch active reward goals?

I read something saying that the goals for the Apple watch are different to the normal weekly activity goals?

You can use any device that is recognized by discovery. This is my 4th year having the benefit and I’ve never used the watch. Just link the app you using to discovery app. All you need to do is make sure you meet your weekly goals.

I really wish that they would do a Samsung or Garmin device deal.

I know that they wont because, Apple 

Can anyone confirm how the vitality health assessment (with or without hiv extra cost+points test) and fitness assessment payment works for discovery medical aid members that only have hospital plans? Last year there was a wellness day at work, discovery covered it without taking funds from day-to-day-savings, but I was on a saver plan. This year it was changed off of a saver plan, so just wondering if discovery would still cover the R200-something for the health assessment at a vitality wellness day? Additionally, would the hiv-addon and fitness assessment be out of pocket or covered as well? I would appreciate any insight!

Can anyone confirm how the vitality health assessment (with or without hiv extra cost+points test) and fitness assessment payment works for discovery medical aid members that only have hospital plans? Last year there was a wellness day at work, discovery covered it without taking funds from day-to-day-savings, but I was on a saver plan. This year it was changed off of a saver plan, so just wondering if discovery would still cover the R200-something for the health assessment at a vitality wellness day? Additionally, would the hiv-addon and fitness assessment be out of pocket or covered as well? I would appreciate any insight!

I'm on the essential core plan (which is basically a hospital plan as I understand it).

Not sure how this works at wellness days but if you go into a Dischem or Clicks to have the health assessment done Discovery covers the cost of the assessment so I can't see them charging you at a wellness day.

HIV test is included.

Edited by travisza

Health assesmant and HIV test has always being free, wellness day or clicks/dischem

Fitness test you always pay for

Hi Guys , Anyone here on the team vitality for cyclin? Im tempted to join so will you guys sy its worth it to join?

Thanks in advance

I'm on the essential core plan (which is basically a hospital plan as I understand it).

Not sure how this works at wellness days but if you go into a Dischem or Clicks to have the health assessment done Discovery covers the cost of the assessment so I can't see them charging you at a wellness day.

HIV test is included.

Health assesmant and HIV test has always being free, wellness day or clicks/dischem

Thank you to both of you :)

This. Cost for fitness assessment will come from MSA or your own pocket, up to you. 

Hi Guys , Anyone here on the team vitality for cyclin? Im tempted to join so will you guys sy its worth it to join?

Thanks in advance

if you do races throughout the year which is on their calendar then its worth it, as your cash back will make up for the joining fee's.