Top SA mountain biker tests positive for EPO

Guest Lancesball

Not many athletes too willing to man up to what they have done..........

I see what you did there.... :thumbup:

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there "pomper of the year" awards, stage pomping races, world champ pomper award where your livelyhood is in direct proportion to how well you pomp

No, but a lot of people train by themselves.........

This needs to come out. The original decision was a disgrace. Need to know who all the tennis players, etc, etc were. FIFA/ IAAF pt 3,The Puerto Years

Both of my kids race competitively, your scenario is unacceptable to any parent of children who take their sport seriously.

If they have to risk their health to win they won't compete and that may deter future stars who may be able to entertain you by setting the course on fire.

I used to ride with a guy who admitted to doping at the age of 16. And there was a kid in my class who was on steroids.

Hate to break it to you, but you're kids are racing (and playing rugby, waterpolo etc) against dopers.

As long as the will (and pressure) to win is stronger than the kids (and parent's) moral compass and common sense it will always be an issue.

I used to ride with a guy who admitted to doping at the age of 16. And there was a kid in my class who was on steroids.

Hate to break it to you, but you're kids are racing (and playing rugby, waterpolo etc) against dopers.

As long as the will (and pressure) to win is stronger than the kids (and parent's) moral compass and common sense it will always be an issue.

I also doped in school, but it definately didnt make me faster, just hungier and fatter. :whistling: :whistling: :P :whistling: :whistling:

Edited by Patchelicious

Remember the sad tale of Sean van Zyl. Think it ended with him being busted for dealing cocaine.

You aren't breaking any news. I don't deny the fact that it happens or exists, just opposed to the idea of ignoring or legalizing the problem. That would make competition untenable for many youngsters such as my own who manage to compete clean successfully at the moment.

I think the rationalisation, or rather attempt to do so by saying that others are doing it so level the playing field is an incredibly poor and corrupt argument. It also shows an extreme generalised ignorance of the effects of doping and effectiveness it has, it still won't turn an average athlete into an eilte level competitor but it does provide and unnaturally superficial advantage to an athlete amongst their peers.

Take that and apply it to what we see daily in government, it's the exact same mentality and leads to a wholly corrupt and dangerous enviroment. Legalised or not. That kind of governance isn't acceptable, ever.

I think the rationalisation, or rather attempt to do so by saying that others are doing it so level the playing field is an incredibly poor and corrupt argument. It also shows an extreme generalised ignorance of the effects of doping and effectiveness it has, it still won't turn an average athlete into an eilte level competitor but it does provide and unnaturally superficial advantage to an athlete amongst their peers.

Take that and apply it to what we see daily in government, it's the exact same mentality and leads to a wholly corrupt and dangerous enviroment. Legalised or not. That kind of governance isn't acceptable, ever.

Now we're talking, Mr DD.

Good point.

Ummmm, not so sure.

The government officials who stole the R7billion from the textbook funds were never prosecuted. The money was "lost", even though they caught the people.

Go figure

My comments were tongue-in-cheek but it is a bit of a scumbag move to not make your rides private while you are serving a doping ban.

Why?

Its social media, not professional athletics metrics Pty Ltd

Why?

Its social media, not professional athletics metrics Pty Ltd

Ja sure. I'm just saying it makes you come across as a bit of a scumbag on said social media platform. A lot of guys are very quick to delete or make their other social media profiles private when they get caught out but somehow not so much on strava. (This is all IMHO)

Van Staden's coach at the time should've taken the lie detector test like his dad and team doctor.

Why did his coach refuse?