NJ CRICHTON

Schalk Roestoff

Peeps, something is off.  The language in that piece of tripe sounds more like it was written by a Nigerian con-man.

Be very carefull.  Probably not even him.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I can confirm he has an awful drug problem, his ex girlfriend I found on Facebook told me. But he has more than just the Hub community to make amends with. She said he stole or sold her car, or something, and that his family had even written him off. So I doubt anyone is going to get their money back, esp while he sits in rehab! Unless he has won the lottery.

The rehab must be costing a fortune too...it ain't cheap!

12 step recovery programme of AA and NA:Step 8 - Made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all....

Ja, but only after you had worked your way through steps 1-7. And to do that properly takes some time...

Ja, but only after you had worked your way through steps 1-7. And to do that properly takes some time...

Spot on...was pointing it out for those who may be interested

Peeps, something is off. The language in that piece of tripe sounds more like it was written by a Nigerian con-man.

Be very carefull. Probably not even him.

Jip, couldn't agree more, I wouldn't send him any of my contact details, if I was one of his victims..

Peeps, something is off. The language in that piece of tripe sounds more like it was written by a Nigerian con-man.

Be very carefull. Probably not even him.

Agreed, just somebody cashing in or pulling legs.

Conman from PE ends up in a larny rehab in Pretoria, suspicious indeed......

"Step 9 - Made direct amends to these we had harmed except when to do so would injure them or others."

Well, if he's serious about recovery this time (and I gather he's been in rehab before), then he has to go through with that. I know of a guy who had to repay a few million $ to his family trust, and he did it. Another who handed himself to the police and did 10 years in prison. 

Any addict has to hit his rock-bottom before he decides to change. Living with the drug has to become worse than living without it. As they say in NA, there's only three ways active addiction can end: "jails, institutions, or death".

NJ Crichton is in an institution right now. He has a choice - to take recovery and all it implies, or to find out about the other two.

NJ, if you read this, do it properly. Finish rehab, go to 12-Step meetings, get a sponsor, do the steps, live the traditions, do service. Best of luck. It does get better.

Sure it may be a scam, sure it may be an old hubber double posting trying to get a friday thread going thermonuclear.

but if it's genuine, no matter how small the chance you think it may be, then it's a real D005 move to shoot the oke down. 

Call me a sucker, but I'm prepared to give benefit of doubt before a bit more is known. 

Sure it may be a scam, sure it may be an old hubber double posting trying to get a friday thread going thermonuclear.

but if it's genuine, no matter how small the chance you think it may be, then it's a real D005 move to shoot the oke down. 

Call me a sucker, but I'm prepared to give benefit of doubt before a bit more is known. 

Ok. If you say so

Edited by Goodbadugly

Sucker

The guy is a repeat offender. This is not his first time and he didnt just steal R100.

I am all for 2nd chances but when it becomes more than that..

If he truly is in rehab and he is sincere the this is part of his recovery.. it how ever doesn't mean that those he has conned need to forgive him either.. part of making ammends is also dealing with the consequences.

Added and if this is him.. but like everyone u am a bit sceptical.

Edited by Gen

Peeps, something is off.  The language in that piece of tripe sounds more like it was written by a Nigerian con-man.

Be very carefull.  Probably not even him.

Agree, sounds like one of those My great aunt died and I'd like to share my inheritance with you scenarios - however - for the sake of all the victims I'd be happy to be proved wrong.

I think rehab is great, he'll be able to get to court on time, speak coherently to the judge, accept responsibility. I'm all for it.