old 26ers

Corne512

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

26" till it dies baby!

Rode a 29" Carbon bike.  Was fun, but I think I am used to the 26" bike.

I have a 26" KTM Lycan 2,0 which I bought in 2011 after being jacked. 

It goes like a bomb and loves the trail

I don't use it much these days as I have taken to road biking so only use the MTB for off road hill repeats (Jhb's best kept secret right here in Northriding) and the odd ride with the kids. 

It was just at the cusp of the (mass consumer) 26/29 switch when I bought it and I wasn't convinced of the 29. Truth be told, if I had waited a few more months and not in such a rush I would have walked away with a bike with bigger wheels, but I really liked the look and feel of the KTM range then. 

It served its purpose then and still does! 

me...morewood zula...but a certain blonde chick on here will argue that i technically dont ride it anymore...and she is kinda right

I'm ALWAYS right. ;)

Ja, I don't even bother inviting you for rides anymore.....I'm just wasting my airtime. :lol:

If you rode more often,you would have noticed a new addition to Howick Trails.

She appeared mysteriously around xmas, nobody has owned up yet......

Maybe it was Santa, and he felt sorry for the  bunch of  old gnomes living alone in the mountains.....

post-57454-0-36680500-1452600176_thumb.jpg

Edited by blondeonabike

I have an old Morewood Shova  26er as well as a newish 26er(Commencal Meta SX).  There are some manufacturers that still make them.

I also have a very old Marin Nail Trail

I have a 26" Silverback Spectra 2 running a 1/9 gear setup. XT 9 spd derailleur with a nice Race Face chain ring.....never changing it, love it to much

Edited by SilverCracker

This is mine.  And yes Stretch, it is dirty.....but it is trail dirt and not garage dust ;)

chainsaw needs to get off his arse

My 26er i bought from my boss for R4000. Sadly the GF has stolen it as its much softer on her bum compared to her 29er hardtail.

http://2share.co.za/Files/Focus%20Super%20Bud%205.jpg

Claim your bike back and get rid of the gf, at least then you will have more riding time on your hands and your bike back.[emoji6]

If you rode more often,you would have noticed a new addition to Howick Trails.

She appeared mysteriously around xmas,

and here i thought you were referring to a hot new chick cyclist....you almost got me to lube the old chain and pump up the tyres...

Silvercracker I also have the same bike and wants to run 1x9. Can u please post some pics and how much did it cost u