Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2016

Bikehub weight loss competition  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in participating in a weight loss competition

• Yes
    • Perhaps
    • Where's my cake?

Having said that - this week is the perfect opportunity for a reboot. 

Study leave from Wednesday, extending to 3 days of annual leave next week. Sorted the waking up early, thanks to a re-jig of sleeping patterns, so I'm raring to go. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been sick the past week, and stressed, and the wife has been VERY busy with photography so chances to exercise have been slim. 3 not very good things. 

Starting again from scratch today, now that I'm feeling a tad better. 

I just hear 'blah blah blah' excuse after excuse FOKUS MY KIND ;)

down to 107 last week then today back up to 108...was suppose to ease off the riding...but decided to tackle some hills yesterday.

you all need to pat veebee on the back for his efforts yesterday...while i sat recovering in the backup vehicle...i watched how he just kept at it and climbed and climbed and climbed...kudos mate.

down to 106 last week and back up to 108 today..i went for a ride yesterday

what have i done in the past 2 weeks to TRY drop my weight..

no coke or fizzy drinks.

no bread not even a bread roll...the 2 burgers i have eaten were both with big mushrooms instead of bread and no chips...salad instead.

cut back on sugar and the amount of coffee i drink per day and reduced the sugar to 1 spoon or honey instead.

very little rice or potato...in a meaty stew but mostly having chicken/tuna salads.

cut back on the riding and intensity while riding.

watching the color of my pee to make sure i drink enough water...if it turns yellow i turn up the volume of water i consume.

it is driving my wife nuts because i have become really fussy with what i eat...identifying and cutting out the junk.

no coke or fizzy drinks.

no bread not even a bread roll...the 2 burgers i have eaten were both with big mushrooms instead of bread and no chips...salad instead.

cut back on sugar and the amount of coffee i drink per day and reduced the sugar to 1 spoon or honey instead.

very little rice or potato...in a meaty stew but mostly having chicken/tuna salads.

watching the color of my pee to make sure i drink enough water...if it turns yellow i turn up the volume of water i consume.

it is driving my wife nuts because i have become really fussy with what i eat...identifying and cutting out the junk.

Well done Isetech. Just keep at it regardless of the short term ups and downs. Consistency will be what gets you results.

just keep it going isetech. Give it a month or so and it will become part of your lifestyle and the weight should then start dropping. Don't expect too much too soon.

I'm down just 0.4kg in the last week, but feeling good and still focused. Going to break it up this month and do some weight training, core work and a bit more running this month.

no coke or fizzy drinks.

You're doing all the right stuff, it's going to show on the scale soon, just keep it up. 

no coke or fizzy drinks.

Chapeau! Remember, you control these aspects; your body will respond. It has to!

A couple of thoughts - how appropriate are your scales? Are they resolvable to 0.1 kg? And how reproducible is your weight at the same time each day? ie if you weigh yourself x3 in a row, is your weight the same +/-0.1 kg?  

A couple of thoughts - how appropriate are your scales? Are they resolvable to 0.1 kg? And how reproducible is your weight at the same time each day? ie if you weigh yourself x3 in a row, is your weight the same +/-0.1 kg?  

this is something I was thinking about the other day. I am using a cheapie electronic scale from dischem, and noticed it bouncing around the other day.

Will have to invest in something better I think, but where do we start looking for something?

this is something I was thinking about the other day. I am using a cheapie electronic scale from dischem, and noticed it bouncing around the other day.

Will have to invest in something better I think, but where do we start looking for something?

I've got a Tanita UM-051, purchased from Sportsmanswarehouse as I remember it. It also has an electrical impedance body fat function, but that has a life of its own! I saw body fat callipers at Sportmans the other day if anyone wants to get obsessive?

They seem ok, but they still need a few repeat measurements in the morning to settle to a  repeatable +/-0.1kg figure. As long as you can resolve a small enough unit, and its repeatable, it doesn't matter whether the number is accurate. At the end of the day, I'd guess most of us are looking for a change, rather than an absolutely correct mass? 

Chapeau! Remember, you control these aspects; your body will respond. It has to!

A couple of thoughts - how appropriate are your scales? Are they resolvable to 0.1 kg? And how reproducible is your weight at the same time each day? ie if you weigh yourself x3 in a row, is your weight the same +/-0.1 kg?

I have a cheapie digital scale.

I have a cheapie digital scale.

Cheapie digital could still be fine.

Does it read to 0.1kgs?

How much does your weight vary if you re-weigh yourself 5 times in a row?

Cheapie digital could still be fine.

Does it read to 0.1kgs?

How much does your weight vary if you re-weigh yourself 5 times in a row?

will check and let you know

Ive got a dischem digital cheapie and it weighs in 0.1kgs. I always weigh myself about 3 times to make sure its right.

The scale reads 0.1...checked this morning.1st ...108.1kg

2nd ...107.7kg

3rd...108.3 kg

So i am around 108 kg [emoji12]