Let me introduce KODI to you...

Johnstoneighty6

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning all,

Does anybody use Kodi to view GoPro videos from  an external drive? I have tried it and playback is extremely choppy and unviewable.

I thought it might be my hardware (I have a Cloudgate devide with 2Gb RAM) and perhaps a shortage of RAM but the pre-installed ES file Manager plays them back fine. Is there is GoPro plugin for Kodi? I can't find one. Anybody else had this issue?

Cheers.

Morning all,

Does anybody use Kodi to view GoPro videos from  an external drive? I have tried it and playback is extremely choppy and unviewable.

I thought it might be my hardware (I have a Cloudgate devide with 2Gb RAM) and perhaps a shortage of RAM but the pre-installed ES file Manager plays them back fine. Is there is GoPro plugin for Kodi? I can't find one. Anybody else had this issue?

Cheers.

Never tried it as do not own a GoPro, quick google of GoPro addon says there is one https://superrepo.org/kodi/addon/plugin.video.GoProCamera/

Google results https://www.google.co.za/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=kodi%20gopro%20addon

Thanks. I saw those but It seems they are to enable Kodi to see the video or drive rather than just enable smooth viewing. I will give that download a try and report back.

Cheers.

Quick question for all you pro's. I've added SportsDevil and another sport addon, but cannot seem to find any sports I'm really interested in. From where do you guys stream stuff like Cycling (other than RB tv), F1, MotoGP and rugby?

Sportsdevil. Click on SportsTV... most of the list like cricfreetv etc will have all the sky sports channels

Zemtv.. sports.. uktvnow....lots of sports channels, uk and rest of world

As a lot of the sports channels are uk based... I use and app on my tablet called TV Guide that gives an EPG so you know what is on... if you have not set up an EPG in Kodi

FTV addon, UK channel ITV4 generally has a lot of sports, some live lots replayed like MotorGP, ITV4 also covers a lot of the cycling, will have the Giro and TdF live. Last night had the highlights of the Tour de Yorkshire

Open source software so would expect the security and protocols to not be secure.. is why I only run kodi on a Rasbpi... if gets hacked or corrupted, is the only thing on it... reformat and reinstall.

Whilst there maybe security loopholes a lot of the addons are slowly moving to more secure servers... and a lot of the addons are run by hackers anyway more interested in hacking the big satellite companies rather than the little man using the feeds

Open source software so would expect the security and protocols to not be secure.. is why I only run kodi on a Rasbpi... if gets hacked or corrupted, is the only thing on it... reformat and reinstall.

Whilst there maybe security loopholes a lot of the addons are slowly moving to more secure servers... and a lot of the addons are run by hackers anyway more interested in hacking the big satellite companies rather than the little man using the feeds

All of the Internet SSL etc  and stuff like OpenVPN is Open Source and adequately secure, in fact hackers inevitably and inadvertently help plug the holes

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so not ENTIRELY Kodi related.

Do any of you have favorite cycling Youtube Channels I can Fave?

Looking for Grand Tour type stuff.

I've already faved GCN and GMBN.

Also WSL for surfing.

Aaand if anyone has a source for Bike Racing. AMA Supercross, Moto GP and WSBK that would be much appreciated.

Oh. My setup for what it's worth is a Pi3. 

I'm new to it. but I'll never go back to DSTV. Use the Royal we for movies but I tend to watch mostly the GCN and GMBN stuff.

I have a wireless keyboard. Some chinese rubbish. Not Amazing but it does work. I guess you get what you pay for.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

after reading this whole thread, I've realised I don't like TV enough to go through all these hassles. :(

Ok so not ENTIRELY Kodi related.

Do any of you have favorite cycling Youtube Channels I can Fave?

Looking for Grand Tour type stuff.

I've already faved GCN and GMBN.

Also WSL for surfing.

Aaand if anyone has a source for Bike Racing. AMA Supercross, Moto GP and WSBK that would be much appreciated.

Oh. My setup for what it's worth is a Pi3. 

I'm new to it. but I'll never go back to DSTV. Use the Royal we for movies but I tend to watch mostly the GCN and GMBN stuff.

I have a wireless keyboard. Some chinese rubbish. Not Amazing but it does work. I guess you get what you pay for.

Have a look at the AMA Pro Racing Addon  Only AMA racing though but covers Supercross, and Endurocross

The other useful addons are the Exodus and Phoenix addons (Phoenix has added a sport channel recently which gets Sky sport as well as the Eurosport and BT sports feeds which usually cover the grand tours and the WSBK as well as MotoGP)

Have a look at the respective websites for their TV guides. I have them loaded as favorites on my phone so I browse the site to see what's on and then select that channel through Kodi.