Kevin Evans accepts doping charge

Paulst12

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: :clap:  come now this has to be the post of the year,,,,,,,,BWHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Yeah.....Lancebloubal might need to tone down the smugness and superiority just a tad.....

Guest Lancesball

The art of baiting is to not make it obvious.

Not baiting, just saying it how it is. Kind of like his book he wrote on power training.

Back on topic. A real question.

Do sanctioned riders get tested...?

EG: Rider X gets busted for EPO recieves a back dated 2 year ban, so he needs to serve out lets say 18 months, then he complies and gets a shortened sanction. So lets say that effectively he only serves a year.

Could those 12 months not then be used to dope yourself so strong that when you come back you are in a better state than before?

Back on topic. A real question.

Do sanctioned riders get tested...?

EG: Rider X gets busted for EPO recieves a back dated 2 year ban, so he needs to serve out lets say 18 months, then he complies and gets a shortened sanction. So lets say that effectively he only serves a year.

Could those 12 months not then be used to dope yourself so strong that when you come back you are in a better state than before?

I dont think they will be tested while serving the ban, kinda out of the system. 

They did their best to sweep it under the carpet while pretending to discuss it.

They then had a feature which include Roel Paulissen and sung his praises. Ex doper, who came back to the EPIC a few weeks after his doping banned was lifted and then his EPIC partner gets bust. They had a feature on a local race and the new team Telkom and sung Nolan Hoffmans praises, ex doper.

Are we surprised it continues?

Altech team hired a doper and weeks after his ban was lifted went and race J2C, and have stated their target race for the year is J2C.

Are we surprised it continues?

How many Ex Dopers get welcomed back with open arms bu sponsirs, fellow 'pros", race organisers and Fanboi's.

And we surprised it continues?

The media needs to play their part in ostracizing these Dopers.

No coverage, no value.

This is one of the best comments of this thread,at the end of the day the risk seems worth the reward and if you are busted,well just make a come back, become a ds ,work in the industy or just start a bike shop.that program is a joke and I refuse to watch it but did however check in to see what the vibe would be and as said the air was thick.lol having raced against most of the local guys mentioned in this thread and never quite able to race at there level.i sit back today smiling to myself as I might have never won any big race , I do know that I raced clean and am proud to have done so. Sure I was robbed of a podium here or there a position or a top 10 or that contract I dreamed off. But I know I worked hard and trained harder on water and a few beers and that make me a winner in my eyes. Bans should be harsher.

A few are above 50% naturally. There has been a small few in SA even that have been at that value. Not uncommon at all.

A few years ago I went for a check up and one of the tests was for blood hematocrit, the result was 53%... due to the epo in sports issues around that time i was aware of the 50% legal limit as per UCI and queried this with my Dr who dismissed it as most likely due to slight dehydration or some other totally normal activity at the time or just prior to the blood sample being taken.

If i recall correctly there was a discussion by the Australian sports institute about 120 years ago saying that they thought the level of 50% was to low and could produce false positives.

Not baiting, just saying it how it is. Kind of like his book he wrote on power training.

NOT BAITING, OK !!!!!! HOW IT IS?????

What do you mean by that ?

EDDY YOU ME AND THE HUB COLLECTIVE

I dont think they will be tested while serving the ban, kinda out of the system. 

They barely test the guys in the system...

Mine is pretty high and I am average cyclist. Resting makes it higher and over training / racing makes it lower. Hence the biological passport can pick up when you are manipulating blood values. For example, with a hydrated cyclist the haematocrit cannot go up during the Tour de France without manipulation. It must go down.

I do get problems at night if it is too high. Feeling of palpitations and strong heart rate. But that is another story. I think if you had too high haematocrit and any problems with the heart electrical side at rest, then high haematocrit would make it worse.

The fundamental problem of cycling is that racing or training too much reduces red blood cells which affects aerobic performance.

interesting that you know what yours is.

How do one go about testing your own value?  Should be interesting to know.....