Kevin Evans accepts doping charge

Paulst12

Do you?

Are there no alternatives to this or is the world black and white?

Should a diabetic stay on the couch?

Should an asthmatic live in a fresh air tent?

Should a recovering cancer patient not ride the Argust? Despite the fact that they may still be pumped up with UCI banned substances?

I understand where you are coming from, but with all due respect, I think that's a discussion for another thread. It gets really tricky really fast.

Back to KE, you propose that perhaps he was riding only to participate and not win, but I have the following questions:

Did he still start in the racing group?

Did he win any prize money? Did he receive any sponsorship which relies on him winning/doing well?

If you are really sick then should you not rest and recover instead of racing in racing bunch?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Again...nowhere or anywhere as a matter of fact was your character brought in to the equation..I never made Olcoot out to be a victim.....it's a simple and clear observation on your comment  So is he the victim now? 

This thread also started out about Kevin accepting his doping charge...not the mess he and his band of buddies caused....it has since spiralled in to a discussion around all things doping as well as the Emma Sadlier incident...it clearly shows that we are passionate about dopers getting caught....

More especially, Dopers getting tarred and feathered.

One would think that by not contesting the ruling KE would be applauded for not dragging the situation out and for giving an explanation as to how he arrived here

And the tar and feather brigade wonder why more riders don't come clean....

I understand where you are coming from, but with all due respect, I think that's a discussion for another thread. It gets really tricky really fast.

Back to KE, you propose that perhaps he was riding only to participate and not win, but I have the following questions:

Did he still start in the racing group?

Did he win any prize money? Did he receive any sponsorship which relies on him winning/doing well?

If you are really sick then should you not rest and recover instead of racing in racing bunch?

I think those are valid questions which may lead back to the proposed alternative thread.

One would think that by not contesting the ruling KE would be applauded for not dragging the situation out and for giving an explanation as to how he arrived here

he didnt come clean at all. He made a bunch of excuses and blamed SAIDS for forcing him to choose between life and death or racing his bike

If he did come clean it would be wonderful

Is there a list of people that have actually been granted TUE's

I have heard it is harder to get a Tue than it is to make water flow back up Vic falls in a flood

And rightfully so, see a TUE can be used as a loophole for dopers. Imo anything that will influence the blood markers should be denied. You will have an unfair advantage even though the reason might be legit. Sit some races out until you are clean and be transparent about everything. No use in trying to use them as an excuse when the pawpaw hits the fan.

If the issue is chronic well then get another job. 

Is there a list of people that have actually been granted TUE's

I have heard it is harder to get a Tue than it is to make water flow back up Vic falls in a flood

Rightly so, professionals shouldn't be racing when sick (unless its on the World Tour of course) 

he didnt come clean at all. He made a bunch of excuses and blamed SAIDS for forcing him to choose between life and death or racing his bike

If he did come clean it would be wonderful

From his perspective ridi his mtb is his life and his livihood.

And rightfully so, see a TUE can be used as a loophole for dopers. Imo anything that will influence the blood markers should be denied. You will have an unfair advantage even though the reason might be legit. Sit some races out until you are clean and be transparent about everything. No use in trying to use them as an excuse when the pawpaw hits the fan.

If the issue is chronic well then get another job. 

My missus was successfully granted a TUE.

We started the process prior to race day. All the forms, doctors notes, test results treatments medication was explained.

She received emergency medical treatment for anaphylactic shock, which includes some banned substances.

The race was two weeks after the incident. The received the TUE a week after the race for the date of the race only.

From his perspective ridi his mtb is his life and his livihood.

All the more reason he should defend his cycling career, his name, his reputation...

Unless of course there is nothing to defend? His choice of action leads most reasoned folk towards thinking the latter. 

There is a huge difference between getting bust and coming clean... Yet so see a single South African cyclist 'come clean' 

My missus was successfully granted a TUE.

We started the process prior to race day. All the forms, doctors notes, test results treatments medication was explained.

She received emergency medical treatment for anaphylactic shock, which includes some banned substances.

The race was two weeks after the incident. The received the TUE a week after the race for the date of the race only.

Trivia time: What does your wife have in common with Lance Armstrong???

Getting a TUE after an event

All the more reason he should defend his cycling career, his name, his reputation...

Unless of course there is nothing to defend? His choice of action leads most reasoned folk towards thinking the latter. 

especially when you own a bike shop, no events/races with your clients? No mobile workshop at the Epic? Etc.....