Review: RockShox Pike

Iwan Kemp

Calling something a game-changer is most often just marketing talk, but when RockShox released the new Pike in 2013 it did just that - it changed the game. Along came a fork that seemingly offered it all at a time when Enduro racing was booming.

Click here to view the article

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

have to agree with this review...one amazing piece of kit my pike is

Great performance that is serviceable, and tjoonable without a needing a masters in fluid dynamics.

Sjo, R17500....i could get a whole new bike for that price.

Sadly, that's the USD talking. Top end models are around $ 1,100 or so. So - at the current ROE, we're being screwed. 

Pretty much on par with competitor offerings in terms of pricing, with Fox and DVO being even more expensive for their top end offerings.

Sadly, that's the USD talking. Top end models are around $ 1,100 or so. So - at the current ROE, we're being screwed. 

Pretty much on par with competitor offerings in terms of pricing, with Fox and DVO being even more expensive for their top end offerings.

Very glad I upgraded in October! :|

But even then the Pike was around R13500...Not that I got one of those though ;)

At the rate of the rand, the R17.5K is just future-proofing the article. For at least a week or two.

A few months time it will be "Yoh, under 20K, bargain".

Upgraded from a Revelation to a Pike 3 weeks ago. It is amazing, and yes I got stung almost R17k for it..

Tom

Where did you get those spokes?

wheelbuilder.com

They are DT Swiss Aerolites. wheelbuilder have stock of all lenghts and only took a couple of weeks to get them here from the states.

Where do you get these tokens?

Your LBS will be able to order from Cape Cycle Systems who are the RS agents in SA.

Thank goodness I splashed out on one of these early last year. About R8k aus Deutschland aus. 

I have the travel adjust version which I love. I bottomed it out once on a dh track during an enduro but discovered I had too little air in it. Since then, all good.

Just done a lower leg oil change - easy peasy with seals still perfect and oil hardly dirty after ten months. 

Thank goodness I splashed out on one of these early last year. About R8k aus Deutschland aus. 

I have the travel adjust version which I love. I bottomed it out once on a dh track during an enduro but discovered I had too little air in it. Since then, all good.

Just done a lower leg oil change - easy peasy with seals still perfect and oil hardly dirty after ten months. 

gooi two tokens in, then the ramp at the end will stop you from bottoming...but still have double thick creme freche in the beginning