Hi

We're with CycleSure

Full Dynamix   R40.000.00

Giant 650b      R43.000.00

Including all our kit for R555.75  All Risks

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just noticeable , all the guys bikes is R30 k plus and wife's plus minus R10 k [emoji848]

Its a man thing.. :whistling:

It's just noticeable , all the guys bikes is R30 k plus and wife's plus minus R10 k [emoji848]

You are a very brave individual. I suggest we ask that this post be deleted. If my wife sees this I'm in trouble.

Outsurance is charging me R 93,41 for my wife's Scott (20k) and R 260,34 for my Spez (40k). Looks like Iam getting screwed on the Camber tbh.

I'm paying R256.57 for a Camber worth R 78000.00

Get a quote from Ream insurance brokers ( Western National Insurance Company). The cover is very good and rates reasonable.

Dumb question but how do you calculate the value when you upgrade eg 25k bike plus 8.5 fork, 6k wheels etc. Do you just add the totals and insure for the total?

Dumb question but how do you calculate the value when you upgrade eg 25k bike plus 8.5 fork, 6k wheels etc. Do you just add the totals and insure for the total?

ask your lbs for a quote for replacement of the above, give that value to your insurance.

I'm paying R256.57 for a Camber worth R 78000.00

Get a quote from Ream insurance brokers ( Western National Insurance Company). The cover is very good and rates reasonable.

Better hope that if you ever need to claim they dont live up to their name and ream you :P

Cant we all use one guy and he can get the best rates due to all income he brings in? We shall then try and bring over all our assets under his policy if he can beat or match

yeah get LBS for a quote, my LBS first said my bikes 40k untill i gave him the full list of components and the quote quickly came to 50k.

insurance you pay for the month ahead, thus if your debit order went off on the 29/01 you will be covered until the 28/02.

When you ring up to cancel they will probably be able to give you discount, every year as a client you get discount allocated to you if you do not ask for it they just store it, thus if you are happy with your insurer they might be able to give you discount.

(just saying)

Just to clarify, it's not necessarily 30/31 days from your debit order. There are some slight differences between companies. You usually pay for a calendar month of cover. But, your debit order might go off on the 20th of Jan, but it is to pay for the cover from 1 Feb to 29 Feb (this year). It doesn't give you cover from the 20th till the 19th of Feb. Your schedule will show period of cover too.

WR touches on something very important, something that few people take seriously and read properly.

Policy Schedules! Make sure you read and UNDERSTAND yours, you need to do this so that you know what you are in for. Super duper important.

Just to clarify, it's not necessarily 30/31 days from your debit order. There are some slight differences between companies. You usually pay for a calendar month of cover. But, your debit order might go off on the 20th of Jan, but it is to pay for the cover from 1 Feb to 29 Feb (this year). It doesn't give you cover from the 20th till the 19th of Feb. Your schedule will show period of cover too.

so true, your debit order is the date you chose to have the monies collected and not the date you started cover... :thumbup:

Cant we all use one guy and he can get the best rates due to all income he brings in? We shall then try and bring over all our assets under his policy if he can beat or match

I would strongly suggest to use a broker. Then ask ALL questions/concerns regarding (in this case ) your bike insurance cover under the all risk section. Put it in writing to him , he will ask the underwriters (Santam , M&F, Safire etc etc) if they cover the bikes in full and where any pitfalls are. GET IT IN WRITING. I once had a run around to claim for my Garmin that got damaged when my bike collapsed under me, it was very frustrating to say the least ( I will blame the people at the insurer for being incompetent)  

WR touches on something very important, something that few people take seriously and read properly.

Policy Schedules! Make sure you read and UNDERSTAND yours, you need to do this so that you know what you are in for. Super duper important.

The majority of clients have a look at it, and instantly lapse into TL;DR mode... 

Archived