This is the Bike Morewoodbikes should have made!

Hairy

http://singletrackworld.com/2016/02/first-ride-exclusive-orange-four/

http://singletrackworld.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2016/02/DSC_0197-640x425.jpg

http://singletrackworld.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2016/02/DSC_0198-640x425.jpg

Rockshox 130mm travel Pike up front, for throwing down drops and bumpy bits. 67 degree head angle, so a degree steeper than the Five. Please Sir, can we go out and play some more?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could never get over that rocker arm, it looks like its made out of a block of steel and heavy as heck.

That bike rides amazingly according to mates in the UK that have them.

No thanks! Fugly as can be! Looks like it came out 10 years ago with that swing arm that must weigh 7 tons

you mean simple industrial and purposeful does not do it for you?

Personally it makes me weak in the knees .....but then again so too do the old shova and mbuzi frames.

The morewood swingarms still look better, love the single pivot design.

I would like to see a 27,5 ,160mm travel ,from morewood.

Even a 150mm rear, with capability to run either 150 / 160mm forks, will do. With the new technology of rear shocks a 150mm bike can pedal very well & doesn't blow through the travel (mid stroke) & bottom out.

My Heckler 650B with 150mm rear travel with Monarch RC Plus Debonair running 30% sag is really hard to get past 135mm travel. 

A mate who is about 15kg heavier than me did the same drop on it (without upping the pressure) & he couldn't get it to bottom out either.

I have lots of air reducing shims (home made) in the air can to have the same end result as the bottomless rings.

I dig the 'new style' MW swingarm like the Zula / Izimu is running.

IMO Morewood should also use longer shocks (& stroke length obviously) as well as RS Debonair (instead of Fox) so it can be fine tuned by the rider to be either plusher in the initial stroke with more mid stroke support / resist bottom out or a bit firmer in the initial stroke & more linear through the travel.

I can already imagine such a MW.

post-25067-0-69520900-1456379673_thumb.jpg

Edited by DubbelBuys

2016-Four-Frame-3Q-492.jpg

I do not think that polygon thing holding the rear dropouts is gonna go the distance.....

Even a 150mm rear, with capability to run either 150 / 160mm forks, will do. With the new technology of rear shocks a 150mm bike can pedal very well & doesn't blow through the travel (mid stroke) & bottom out.

My Heckler 650B with 150mm rear travel with Monarch RC Plus Debonair running 30% sag is really hard to get past 135mm travel. 

A mate who is about 15kg heavier than me did the same drop on it (without upping the pressure) & he couldn't get it to bottom out either.

I have lots of air reducing shims (home made) in the air can to have the same end result as the bottomless rings.

I dig the 'new style' MW swingarm like the Zula / Izimu is running.

IMO Morewood should also use longer shocks (& stroke length obviously) as well as RS Debonair (instead of Fox) so it can be fine tuned by the rider to be either plusher in the initial stroke with more mid stroke support / resist bottom out or a bit firmer in the initial stroke & more linear through the travel.

I can already imagine such a MW.

That's not really an accomplishment. The whole idea is to have useable travel. 

A bike shouldn't blow through its rear travel, but it should be able to use (near) all of it. You should reconsider the number of homemade tokens you're running in your shock.

Those bikes were the default at British trail centres when I lived there and could handle any number of dropoffs, mud and fat welshmen that a UK winter could throw. I thought they were ugly at first but that unpretentious industrial design grows on you. From my experience people that rode them didn't ever switch to another brand after that. 

Edited by Nimo