Why I have to wait ANOTHER year to crack a sub 3 Argus

carbon29er

I've also got to do the sub 3. Just can't be assed getting my butt into gear and seeding where it should be again, that's where all the hardwork really is. My best (apart from the boozy 2:52 in the short route) is a 3:04 on the longer detour route that went over ou kaaps. But the longer you wait the harder it gets!

I also need to get a sub 3 marathon down too (which is easy harder, but at least it's not down to seeding)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great story with a sad ending .... until 2017 .

The wind will be behind you next year and you will shred the 3hr mark .

Heal well and good luck for 2017 .

Wow,take it real easy man, I can see being on the bike is a great passion. Don't get too caught up chasing that white rabbit.

Hope you have a speedy recovery and gain 100% use and function of shoulder.

Sorry man, thanks for sharing. Heal up good. You do realize there's going to be a bunch of guys watching your progress next year. :) I seem to be roughly the same age as you, next year is also my first sub 3...

I won't get my sub 3 this year because this darn number board is bound to add at least 3mins to my time this year.

Sorry for the hijack... Heal up soon Champ....

Rob, that is just insane! For some of us there is literally a 180 minute monkey of sorts hanging around our necks. You are not alone with this issue mate!

I have similar stories where my most prepared years have been the windiest weather beaten years and the years I've had to focus on work or other commitments and not been able to get the training right, the weather conditions have been superb. The trend has continued and drowning in work I have not been able to follow through on the work through the end of last year into this year and it seems the decent seeding I have will be wasted on me as I simply don't have the high intensity in my legs to keep going with the surges at the front come tomorrow! I'll be rolling round on my 15th tomorrow but I'll be looking out for you to line up in 2017 and smash those 180 minutes whatever the conditions on the day dude!

Heal up fast!!!!

Oh no that sucks, I admire your perseverance.

Have you written the City a letter? Those 'ditches' are supposed to be sorted out asap, makes me mad when they cut a trench and leave it for days (which looking at the video was the situation). You may have a case, at least for your bills and bike, unless it was an emergency/ broken pipe scenario they are supposed to fix it without delay.

All the best.

In anc land those ditches remain for months

In anc land those ditches remain for months

You'll be pleased to know that the ditch has been repaired, especially since it's on tomorrow's route.

• 11 months later...

A year ago today.

https://youtu.be/N24dsG6IfmI

post-35786-0-73711000-1487578482_thumb.jpg

post-35786-0-08576000-1487578482_thumb.jpg

post-35786-0-31439800-1487578481_thumb.jpg

Back on the road bike, still have the pathetic goal of 179 minutes or less and hopefully I'll stay upright for a few more weeks.

Legs are strong but the shoulder is way off where a normal shoulder is. I'm grateful my surgeons were able to save some shoulder use, the extent of the damage could quite easily meant complete loss of functionality.

And this from hitting the deck in a clean fall at 43 kph.

Hopefully I'll be able to take the metal out sometime this year. But I'm not looking forward to that visit back to hospital.

Keep on going, Rob. Shoulders are tricky things and need proper care and attention! Hope your training goes well... Those bumps on Main Road through FH & Kalk Bay could be interesting if your shoulder isn't up to standard, so take it easy. 

A year ago today.

attachicon.gifBOOTH,ROB R.Ser4.Img1_edit.jpg

attachicon.gifBOOTH,ROB R.Ser3.Img1.jpg

attachicon.gifBOOTH,ROB R.Ser2.Img1.jpg

Back on the road bike, still have the pathetic goal of 179 minutes or less and hopefully I'll stay upright for a few more weeks.

Legs are strong but the shoulder is way off where a normal shoulder is. I'm grateful my surgeons were able to save some shoulder use, the extent of the damage could quite easily meant complete loss of functionality.

Hopefully I'll be able to take the metal out sometime this year. But I'm not looking forward to that visit back to hospital.

You need a change of handle to "meccanoman"

A year ago today.

attachicon.gifBOOTH,ROB R.Ser4.Img1_edit.jpg

attachicon.gifBOOTH,ROB R.Ser3.Img1.jpg

attachicon.gifBOOTH,ROB R.Ser2.Img1.jpg

Where are you seeded thiss year Rob?

Sure it will be this year!!

Archived