Entries for exciting new Maluti Double90 Team Challenge open 9 March 2016

News bot

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW

The YR website predicts a 9 deg C start on the 7th, heating to 11 deg.  Wind ENE at 6-7m/s. Rain later in the day.

Contacted PPA, and about 70 teams have entered.  Not sure about the men/mixed split.

I'll let Gerald talk about the team.

Men's team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Germiston Wheelers Red Train - hoping we don't run out of steam!!

Edited by Underachiever

BTW

The YR website predicts a 9 deg C start on the 7th, heating to 11 deg. Wind ENE at 6-7m/s. Rain later in the day.

this time of the year temps reach -1 if not lower, expect a very cold start

So who riding with which teams?

I'll start...

Team Enervit - Mixed

With enervit being our nutrition sponsor and the races nutrition sponsor and the strava KOM sponsor and then having a team they are quite well involved in this one.

I'll be with my normal team. TEAM ARCH CENTRIC. 12 Men. Going to be tough.

Team SaleWine/Vitalab - 11 boys and 1 very lucky girl. Looking for 7 hours...

PPA must be disappointed if they only 60 70 teams!!

I Think timing and reputation is against it at this time.

For next year a lot more people can plan a team for this and as soon as it starts building a reputation of being a worthwhile event, it will grow.

I dont think anybody expected it to be sold out in 30 min for the first event only announced 2 months ago.

But the people that can support t must, this is the only way to encourage the organizers to keep at it and try and go bigger.

I Think timing and reputation is against it at this time.

For next year a lot more people can plan a team for this and as soon as it starts building a reputation of being a worthwhile event, it will grow.

I dont think anybody expected it to be sold out in 30 min for the first event only announced 2 months ago.

But the people that can support t must, this is the only way to encourage the organizers to keep at it and try and go bigger.

Yeah I tend to agree with you. Being the first time for this event I think numbers will be low BUT its basically a slightly shorter DC so it has a "big brother" to compare to RE organising and format. Also I just hope in years to come clarens can handle 120 teams, Not exactly a big place that.