[Event] Die Burger MTB Challenge

Dirtopia MTB Events

Completed the 42km and had loads of fun. I had a bit of a problem with Strava, it recorded the entire race, but when I tried to upload it the file seemed to be corrupt. I exported it and wanted to examine it with Notepad and manually upload it, but when I examined it the file was empty.

Is there anyone who would email their gpx. file for the day to me. I just want to see the route we had ridden.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My boy started in the L group, and said that when they hit the Bothma's Kop climb (one specific section that was quite steep), that they passed a very long line of K group riders that were walking up there. 

What he didnt see was in between the Ks that was walking was my little J board hidden.  :blush:

I may have lifted my eyes briefly from the convoy of walkers to see your boy go whizzing by.

I don't think he was out of breath.

I may have lifted my eyes briefly from the convoy of walkers to see your boy go whizzing by.

I don't think he was out of breath.

Those darn kids weighing 55 kg on Hard Tails weighing 10 kg have an unfair advantage up those crazy inclines.  We usually have to get a 80 - 90 kg body on a 14 kg Dual Suspension bike up those same inclines, with legs and backs that complain all the way about the torture they are subjected to.

Think about how they would do if they strapped a 50 kg bag of cement on their backs and then get up that same hill.  :devil:

Edited by Moridin

Those darn kids weighing 55 kg on Hard Tails weighing 10 kg have an unfair advantage up those crazy inclines.  We usually have to get a 80 - 90 kg body on a 14 kg Dual Suspension bike up those same inclines, with legs and backs that complain all the way about the torture they are subjected to.

Think about how they would do if they strapped a 50 kg bag of cement on their backs and then get up that same hill.  :devil:

I carry my bag of cement just below my chest....

102 kg of matured za beef on a merida hoofing it up to the top of helshoogte

Did you ride it up all the way?

Completed the 42km and had loads of fun. I had a bit of a problem with Strava, it recorded the entire race, but when I tried to upload it the file seemed to be corrupt. I exported it and wanted to examine it with Notepad and manually upload it, but when I examined it the file was empty.

Is there anyone who would email their gpx. file for the day to me. I just want to see the route we had ridden.

Here is a gpx file of the 42km raceDie_Burger_MTB_Challenge_2016.gpx

No - I walked in the really steep bits. IT was only the speedy sprogs from the L group who were riding up and overtaking us when I was toiling away on foot.

No - I walked in the really steep bits. IT was only the speedy sprogs from the L group who were riding up and overtaking us when I was toiling away on foot.

If you told me correctly you only got off to push three times. From km's 4 to 12, 13 to 25 and 30 to 35?

Me pusha big hills!!

Thor - I tell ya if I walked those distances I'm going to give up MTB and take up trail running 'cos I'll be a competitor there! :thumbup:

Nee, man... You may as well then get a Harley and go full MAMIL in leather! Edited by Thor Buttox

as i returned to my car, 3 riders also returning to their vehicle (parked a few cars away from me) caught a guy in the act of breaking into their vehicle, he manged to get away as his car was parked next to the vehicle he was trying to break into.

Sped off in a silver RunX   :cursing:

Open parking is impossible to secure. The race village had an excellent lockup facility with access control which was an innovation from last year. A mates giant advanced was taken off one of the racks last year which really put me in doubt to enter agin this year. For next year the organizers should look at access control for the parking field next to the race finish too.