[Event] Die Burger MTB Challenge

Dirtopia MTB Events

well the results are still provisional, so hopefully they will sort it out. just checked the 30km my wife did, and the winner came in at -9 min...

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who did the 50km? How was the new ST on the hill accross from Spier? We want to integrate it into some kind of trail network so that it stays in use throughout the year.

i did the 50km. Thoroughly enjoyed myself out there despite the mud. The river crossings were heaps of fun.

Wrt the single track, it was basically stop start because of the mud. A lot of guys couldn't manage to push through and unclipped and once that happens, everyone stops. Would be cool to ride it without traffic though.

I saw a lot of guys taking short cuts though at different points on the course which I don't really understand.

And I was planning to warn people of this yesterday, but forgot. Come racing day, all the Stellies bike thieves are on duty. Bikes racks do not provide security.

Edited by Moridin

And I was planning to warn people of this yesterday, but forgot. Come racing day, all the Stellies bike thieves are on duty. Bikes racks do not provide security.

I have been, for the last two or three years, done pre/post race warning of bike theft at Die Burger,...it really should be of first thought to NOT leave your bike at any point of time, when in the Skelmbosch vicinity over this period of the acitivities.....

The organizers definitely beefed up the bike storage area for this year, I doubt there was a single bike stolen from the event itself.

Sadly, my bike (Black Niner, Jet 9, 1x11) was stolen off my Bike Rack at Melissa's in Dorp Street today. Please keep a look out. attachicon.gifRob's bike.jpg

That really sucks. Hope it's found soon

Sadly, my bike (Black Niner, Jet 9, 1x11) was stolen off my Bike Rack at Melissa's in Dorp Street today. Please keep a look out. attachicon.gifRob's bike.jpg

That really sucks. Hope it's found soon

lovely race, did the 60km, was sliding all over the place in that muddy forest section

That green moss stuff was really treacherous - almost had a nasty slip & slide on a downhill...

Edited by Skubarra