Bikes of the Epic: Fabian Rabensteiner's Trek Top Fuel

Nick

Old school Crossmarks still popular.

With the 26mm internal rims, those 2.1 crossmarks would have had a very different profile to what you'd normally expect on, say, a Crest. More grip, due to lower possible pressures, less rolling resistance due to the same and more puncture protection. 

Same for the Ikon. Wider rims do wonders for otherwise shaite tyres. Just ask Iwan about Racing Ralphs on his old Wide Lightnings. 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is probably going to be the k@k question of the decade....but how do they get the bike to stand up like that unassisted? I don't see a rock or a stand holding it up? 

Maybe they give the bike a treat after the pic to reward it for that neat trick?

There's a neat trick to it. All I'll say is no Photoshop, sticks or JoJo tank look-a-likes were used in the making of these photos...

There's a neat trick to it. All I'll say is no Photoshop, sticks or JoJo tank look-a-likes were used in the making of these photos...

I see,...no problem....I'll be Tweeting Ghandolf the Grey then tonight to find out ;-)

Ah, you have two persons.

P1 pushes the bike to P2 hoping that there are no crashes.

P2 nearly drops the bike, P1 and P2 enjoy a nervous laugh

Irate Italian bike wrench grabs bikes and gives Nick a garbled spec on the bike whilst possessively pushing the bike back to the teams pits?

It all makes sense now. 

Ah, you have two persons.

P1 pushes the bike to P2 hoping that there are no crashes.

P2 nearly drops the bike, P1 and P2 enjoy a nervous laugh

Irate Italian bike wrench grabs bikes and gives Nick a garbled spec on the bike whilst possessively pushing the bike back to the teams pits?

It all makes sense now. 

Or a broomstick and fishing line :thumbup:

Sick looking bike. Nice to see something other than RS1 on the front too. Its just not growing on me..

This is probably going to be the k@k question of the decade....but how do they get the bike to stand up like that unassisted? I don't see a rock or a stand holding it up?

Maybe they give the bike a treat after the pic to reward it for that neat trick?

Probably a well balanced bike[emoji23]