News bot

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That explains the many DNF's

Edit:

Only 483 teams (out of 645 give or take) finished the shortest ever Cape Epic 2016

Don't come here with your revolutionary tendencies. The Epic PR machine said it was the toughest yet!  ;)

This whole CE entry debate boils around 1 or 2 things.......

Very expensive entry fee and limited availability for those that can afford it

It sucks if you cannot afford the exorbitant entry fee and it sucks if you can but cannot secure an entry due to limited availability

suck it up

Don't come here with your revolutionary tendencies. The Epic PR machine said it was the toughest yet!  ;)

so does a friend who has done 3....

How many of the teams do you guys think pay their entry TOTALLY out of own pocket? I mean personal funds and not begging for corporate contributions. Paying through a company you own and writing it off to tax does not count as "out of own pocket" here

My Company that I work for do accept payments via EFT. And every year everyone here on the hub pays us. So thank you very much.

No I dont....My 60 days for the new tax year starts next month

No I dont....My 60 days for the new tax year starts next month

Do it ASAP. Need some new Rims for my Road Bike. ????

That explains the many DNF's

Edit:

Only 483 teams (out of 645 give or take) finished the shortest ever Cape Epic 2016

Maybe CE with their IT partner, Dimension Data with their Big Data analytics engines and graphs can tell us the reasons for DNFs.

I would like to see the ratio between mechanicals vs injuries vs dehydration vs food poisoning vs 

If mechanical perhaps a breakdown on tyre failure vs cracked frame vs group set failure vs

If cracked frame a breakdown on which Cannondale model.  :ph34r:  :whistling:  ;)  :P

I was sweeping at the Sabie Ultra, and I rode with 4 teams on separate occasions, right at the back, and none of them could even finish the Ultra, or the 75km.And they were training for the Epic. Think to little training and went out and bought new bikes, but were never mentally or Physically ready for a race like the Epic.

Apparently the attrition rate for 2016 was "only" 16% which is about 2% more than usual. Is that a significant deviation from the mean to garner the overused "toughest yet" title?

I think all stage races are a rip off. Why for instance pay R4000 each to ride a race on the garden route, mainly on trails you can do any time. Sure a race is a fun social event, but is the social side worth the money? I recon your cash better spent doing single day races and exploring new riding areas.

So that's what I'll be doing.