Wahoo Kickr Owners

awesme

Do you have any devices connected to your Android device?

Did you give the kicker a turn to wake it up?

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also had that issue using my samsung tab. 

I used my phone and the wahoo app to upgrade the firmware successfully . "Samsung S5 and iPhone 6s " works fine. 

I also had that issue using my samsung tab. 

I used my phone and the wahoo app to upgrade the firmware successfully . "Samsung S5 and iPhone 6s " works fine. 

Interesting - sound like a samsung problem.  Returned the Samsung tablet and purchased a modern, fast Windows 10 PC with built-in Bluetooth 4.0.  Downloaded Zwift on the PC, mobile link app on my phone and everything working well - finally.  Total time invested (includes swapping cassette to an 8-spd and figuring out what spacers work):  about 10 hours!

As for the firmware upgrade issue - still having that.  Even tried to use my wife's iPhone and it fails to upgrade, time after time.  Will send an email to Wahoo.

Try using the other app from Wahoo for upgrades, the Wahoo Fitness Utility app (light blue icon).

Try the app with both your iOS and Android device.

Just received my new Kickr on Tuesday.  Downloaded the Wahoo apps to my cheapo Android (5.0) phone and they work fine.  Cannot upgrade firmware - it keeps saying "Firmware upgrade failed - try again".  Currently v3.03 - was trying to upgrade to v3.11.

Okay, it must be my $40 smartphone.  Today I purchased a new Samsung Galaxy Tab A6 w/Android 5.1.1.  Download the Wahoo Apps - they "see" the Wahoo Kickr but refuse to connect to it.

Am I the only one with these problems?

Make sure you have no other blue tooth devices paired (heart rate, cadence , speed) , lot of the cheaper device can only do 2-3 devices at a time  (took me ages to figure that out)

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys, anyone know where I can find a campagnolo freehub for the wahoo? Out of stock everywhere and I need one urgently

Best would be to contact Christian and Shawn from BuyCycle in Pra, they're the local agents,

If you lucky then Christian is also reading this as he's on the forum.

G

Hi Guys, anyone know where I can find a campagnolo freehub for the wahoo? Out of stock everywhere and I need one urgently

Best would be to contact Christian and Shawn from BuyCycle in Pra, they're the local agents,

If you lucky then Christian is also reading this as he's on the forum.

G

Thanks G

• 2 months later...

W Kickr was working fine .Did firmware upgrade on wahoo fitness App .Now there is no Bluetooth connectivity .Any help please 

Does anybody know where to service this trainer .I suspect mine has worn -out bearings ???

Edited by Blitzer

W Kickr was working fine .Did firmware upgrade on wahoo fitness App .Now there is no Bluetooth connectivity .Any help please 

Does anybody know where to service this trainer .I suspect mine has worn -out bearings ???

Hello Blitzer, 

Please mail our dedicated support manager Sean Steenkamp at sean@ikhambi.co.za and he will assist you. 

We also service KICKRs at our offices. 

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

can someone help? I heared a noice comming from my kickr. When I opened the cover over the tensioner I noticed that the screw holding tensioner is loose. I then tried to fasten it but broke the head off! Any advise on how to remove the piece of remaining screw will be appreciated

can someone help? I heared a noice comming from my kickr. When I opened the cover over the tensioner I noticed that the screw holding tensioner is loose. I then tried to fasten it but broke the head off! Any advise on how to remove the piece of remaining screw will be appreciated

Hello Francois, 

Sean in our tech service department received your mail this morning and will reply as soon as possible. 

If you have any other concerns feel free to call the office at 0876541940 

Cheers!

• 10 months later...

Hi all

I’m in the market for a wahoo kickr inoor training

I have a MTB with 1x12 Eagle groupset

According to the gents from www.buycycle.co.za the Sunrace 12speed cassette is compatible with the trainer which they will convert for me

Anyone experience with this and will you be able to follow decent training app rides without “spinning” out?

• 3 months later...

Just as I have done all my research and decided on buying a KICKR 3 2017, they go and launch a KICKR 4 2018.

Now do I wait for the new one to arrive in SA or just buy the KICKR 3? From what I can see these are the changes.

• Ergonomic Grip Carrying Handle Placement Change (Moved to accommodate bikes with disc brakes)
  • Quieter unit (Wahoo redesigned the belt system to be much more quiet than any predecessor)
  • Additional thru axle compatibility (12×142 and 12×148 thru axle)
  • Addition of a heavier flywheel (16 lbs vs 12.5 lbs from the previous version)
  • Compatible with the KICKR Headwind