Doctor alleged to have doped British Tour de France cyclists

gummibear

Okay.. this has been fun...ish, but it's definitely more fun getting hyped up for Roubaix. .

Now we're getting onto the topic of how a very special rider can lift himself again and again recently and ride away from the field... :whistling:

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now we're getting onto the topic of how a very special rider can lift himself again and again recently and ride away from the field... :whistling:

Hahahaha... lekker little troll  :lol:

A cheeky little jab hehe, but a valid question? If his performances are substantially better than others, then surely he should be subjected to the same scrutiny?

We can't let opinion bias get in the way of reality.

Well, for one thing, with all those second places working himself into the ground because everyone else just sat on his wheel, he got better training and so improved faster than the rest of the gatsitters? ;)

There can only be one winner, someone has to do it and he has certainly been trying hard enough lately

What did Gary Player used to say... ... the harder i practise the luckier i get

so in Sagans case lets switch practise with try

the harder i try the luckier i get

:D

There can only be one winner, someone has to do it and he has certainly been trying hard enough lately

What did Gary Player used to say... ... the harder i practise the luckier i get

so in Sagans case lets switch practise with try

the harder i try the luckier i get

:D

I suppose adding all the times he's been full gas and only come second makes it easier to accept the times he wins. Who needs recovery...

PS: I am a fan just in case my questions are misconstrued... But unfortunately, I've gone through the 'He must be clean.. I hope he' s clean.. Maybe he's clean... They're all dirty' scenario too

If we brand them ALL clean or ALL as doper we are equally as guilty of putting blinders on.

Both approaches are lazy and not accurate.

It is statistically impossible that either of these extremes is the truth.

The truth lies somewhere on the spectrum between these two extremes and that is what we need to try and discuss.

Is the truth moving more towards the clean side, yes I think so. Both from the number of people doping as well as the level of doping I think it's on the decline, even if only marginal. Well it ever be totally clean, of course not.

I'd sure like to see you prove how it is "statistically impossible" that all/none are doping.

Unlikely, why yes, but impossible?

This is your own opinion sans fact.

I'd sure like to see you prove how it is "statistically impossible" that all/none are doping.

Unlikely, why yes, but impossible?

This is your own opinion sans fact.

Ok yes you are right.

It is highly unlikely....

Now please read it in the rest of the context of my post where I said thats where the truth is in between the two extremes and that where the focus must be.

If you want to go on a crusade to prove that they are ALL dirty, or ALL clean, please feel free to waste your own time as we "know" that neither of those two extremes are the truth.

Fixed it...

If you want to go on a crusade to prove that they are ALL dirty, or ALL dirt, please feel free to waste your own time as we "know" that neither of those two extremes are the truth.

To get the conversation back on track.

Which 3 performances or situations last year made you sit up and take notice, where you found yourself asking "hmmm thats suspicious"?

If we brand them ALL clean or ALL as doper we are equally as guilty of putting blinders on.

Both approaches are lazy and not accurate.

It is statistically impossible that either of these extremes is the truth.

The truth lies somewhere on the spectrum between these two extremes and that is what we need to try and discuss.

Is the truth moving more towards the clean side, yes I think so. Both from the number of people doping as well as the level of doping I think it's on the decline, even if only marginal. Well it ever be totally clean, of course not.

Touche on the blinkers. So you think  doping is in decline? I wonder what is causing the trend  - better and more testing post the LA era? Maybe - we will never really know I guess. 

To get the conversation back on track.

Which 3 performances or situations last year made you sit up and take notice, where you found yourself asking "hmmm thats suspicious"?

Nibali 2014 Tdf..... the oke did'nt even open his mouth to breathe whilst going up the mountains.... it was like he had gills.... Crossed the line fresh as a daisy every day.... I remember watching that and thinking what a grand farce it was... 

Nibali 2014 Tdf..... the oke did'nt even open his mouth to breathe whilst going up the mountains.... it was like he had gills.... Crossed the line fresh as a daisy every day.... I remember watching that and thinking what a grand farce it was... 

But he is a shark.......  :whistling:

He was also only racing against the "B" rider of every other team.

Considering the history of his team members and management and what is coming out about State sponsored doping, surely Astana must be one of the "dodgiest" teams on the World Tour at the moment?

Archived