[Event] 947 Cycle Challenge 2016

SWAGG

7h30mins and 206km later on my MTB am broken.....

Only saw 2 Hubbers today, Gerald and Gary.

dude you a machine ????.... I did see someone on a mnt bike for a while around the Jan smuts and motorway area. And thought to myself damn this guy is proper strong. He had to pedal on all the downs just to hang on. Kudo's to the guys doing that on a mnt bike at pace in the fast groups ????

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This e batch and I was in the pen 40 min before the time ????....

F batch was the same. I was at the loading circle 1 hour before loading.

How does this happen?! People pushing their way forward as the other groups are loading? Thus clogging up the loading area?

F batch was the same. I was at the loading circle 1 hour before loading.

How does this happen?! People pushing their way forward as the other groups are loading? Thus clogging up the loading area?

yea ppl walking up the centre and just pushing in....if I can get up a stupid ridiculous time anybody can ! I just chillaxed and enjoyed the day, Hopefully I passed a few ????????

Started in A

It was a total mess at the start with no boards to indicate start pens..

A got off to off to a start with a hectic pace. Holy smokes it was hard going. Up Pooks and onto Summit had me in max HR off the bat..

lost the main group along Summit.

Did a solo stint down the M1 until I was caught by a DL group in yellow. I slotted in with them to recover all the way to town then went off with the front guys from B until the finish.

Came in with a PB of 2:41

2nd lap was great!

Beer and a fillet this evening was just what was needed

Legs tired

Smile big

Edited by Honkdonk

First one done and dusted!

6:20 for me from a 9:32 start, 5:19 for my wife, same start. I was cramping like mad and visited every massage station from Killarney bend on the M1 to the finish!

Ha-ha I'm never gonna hear the end of this from wifey :)

I managed a 2:31 from A batch. The start was useless compared to Cape Town Cycle Tour... There were n batch people trying to load with the vets. I think Gerald should teach them a lesson.

It was good to ride with spoke101. Until he smoked everyone up the last hill.

Edit: didn't find #Evan this year

Edited by RyanAW

Strange my Garmin time vs my racetech time has a diffrence of nearly 1m 10 seconds and I still started it before the timing mates. Luckily it still gives me an official time of 2h59m09sec .... Eeekkkk that was close . But good enough for me either way ????????

I couldn't of gone any faster,left nothing out there. And finished in top third of my group which is very cool.

Edited by Pikey

First one done and dusted!

6:20 for me from a 9:32 start, 5:19 for my wife, same start. I was cramping like mad and visited every massage station from Killarney bend on the M1 to the finish!

Ha-ha I'm never gonna hear the end of this from wifey :)

ypu finished. Happy ending.