• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems a good deal.

Is this Wahoo any good?

Sagan Approves... 

And Marcel Kittle... 

And our first commonwealth medalist, Henri Schoeman... 

This is a great bike PC. 

post-63087-0-44493200-1522997496_thumb.jpg

Thanks Travis for the heads up!

Also, thanks Christiaan - I'm now also included in your select group. Sadly, I've had to pay for the privilege. No freebies for weekend warriors   :D

Edited by shova1

The Wahoo is a really great unit and is certainly a competitor with the Garmins.

However, the deal breaker for the Wahoo for a lot of people is that it doesn't sync with Discovery - so no vitality points

I'll also "approve" if I get paid to use it......

I did an advanced driving course a few years ago. The instructor was a local race driver. We were obviously all talking about what we drove and what we would love to drive. We get to the instructor and ask him what his daily drive was. His response was priceless. He tells us that his daily drive is the best car in the world. Now we thinking he has some awesome sports car to drive to and from the race track. He drives a stock 1.6 ford focus. We all go silent. He tells us that he doesn't pay a cent for anything. Not fuel, tyres, service, license you name it and his sponsors sort it out. How can you argue with that?

The Wahoo is a really great unit and is certainly a competitor with the Garmins.

However, the deal breaker for the Wahoo for a lot of people is that it doesn't sync with Discovery - so no vitality points

I'm with Momentum, but not on their rewards program, so that's just fine.

Thanks for the added feedback/confirmation - I should have it on Tuesday...

I'm with Momentum, but not on their rewards program, so that's just fine.

Thanks for the added feedback/confirmation - I should have it on Tuesday...

I have its big brother the ELEMNT and I must say its one of the best units I've ever used.

Layouts and setup is very intuitive, most things can be sorted via the smartphone app.

If you have a KICKR or KICKR snap then its a no brainer.

Bottom line, I think you're going to be happy

I'll also "approve" if I get paid to use it......

Thanks Travis for the heads up!

Also, thanks Christiaan - I'm now also included in your select group. Sadly, I've had to pay for the privilege. No freebies for weekend warriors   :D

I did an advanced driving course a few years ago. The instructor was a local race driver. We were obviously all talking about what we drove and what we would love to drive. We get to the instructor and ask him what his daily drive was. His response was priceless. He tells us that his daily drive is the best car in the world. Now we thinking he has some awesome sports car to drive to and from the race track. He drives a stock 1.6 ford focus. We all go silent. He tells us that he doesn't pay a cent for anything. Not fuel, tyres, service, license you name it and his sponsors sort it out. How can you argue with that?

Guys guys guys... We can not disregard approval from the pro's completely. They pay for nothing they use, just like other sport stars. Cricket, tennis etc... If we are consistent, we will end up being sceptics on all products used by pros just because they got it for free...

It does not mean they use sub par products in their attempt to be world champions. In many cases the slightest disadvantage can mean losing out. 

post-63087-0-42265200-1523010096_thumb.jpg

Guys guys guys... We can not disregard approval from the pro's completely. They pay for nothing they use, just like other sport stars. Cricket, tennis etc... If we are consistent, we will end up being sceptics on all products used by pros just because they got it for free...

It does not mean they use sub par products in their attempt to be world champions. In many cases the slightest disadvantage can mean losing out. 

This is also true, its not uncommon to use components with blacked out logos because a pro feels it is better than the product their sponsor produces.

Still with computers its not exactly rocket science and its not going to affect performance as long as its consistent. So really they are all fine to use.

Sagan only just started using the computer in question.

What did kittel use at quickstep?

Not saying they are sub par but to say they approve is not entirely true unless you braai with the oke and he tunes you this product is lekker or it's actually k@k and I only use it because I have to.

We all know that if they had a choice they would all be using Garmin :whistling:

EDIT: and sagz lost the sprint in your picture because he wasn't on the spez.

Edited by Long Wheel Base

Sagan only just started using the computer in question.

What did kittel use at quickstep?

Not saying they are sub par but to say they approve is not entirely true unless you braai with the oke and he tunes you this product is lekker or it's actually k@k and I only use it because I have to.

We all know that if they had a choice they would all be using Garmin :whistling:

EDIT: and sagz lost the sprint in your picture because he wasn't on the spez.

If they had a choice... These poor prisoners we call pro cyclists:

We all know that if they had a choice they would all be using Cateye  :whistling:

We all know that if they had a choice they would all be using Polar  :whistling:

We all know that if they had a choice they would all be using Garmin  :whistling:

Looking forward to how things change in the next couple of years... 

If they had a choice... These poor prisoners we call pro cyclists:

We all know that if they had a choice they would all be using Cateye  :whistling:

We all know that if they had a choice they would all be using Polar  :whistling:

We all know that if they had a choice they would all be using Garmin  :whistling:

Looking forward to how things change in the next couple of years... 

:clap: Agree on the cateye. I went from cateye to garmin. Glad I missed the polar era. Going to take A LOT for me to move from garmin.

:clap: Agree on the cateye. I went from cateye to garmin. Glad I missed the polar era. Going to take A LOT for me to move from garmin.

:D 

I recall this guy saying exactly the same words... 

post-63087-0-50096400-1523019380_thumb.png