Tru-Cape mtb

Matts 300

eish is that you? Heal up man.

Yepp... That's me...

Now with a nice little zipper on the temple...

Thanks for stopping B20... Hope you crash wasn't too hard...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats was the real deal, that made the legs hurt, the climbing didnt stop, but boy did it feel good crossing that finish line. 

I broke my rear Derailleur on the single track after all the climbing... had about 6km left to go. so with a roll and run i got home. i wasn't going to stand and wait at a water point, i would have frozen my bollacks off :-) so i soldierd on. some very nice guy even gave me a wee push, some other guy had a fall and had left his bike at the last juice table. It looked my size :-) i was going to swop and leave my broken one there :-) then thought who ever's bike it was, might not be to happy to see me rolling in on his baby.... especially after a fall, he might have been Grumpy 

Great day out, and proud to have gotten my finishers medal... 

Still trying to come to terms with this ride. It was by far the hardest-earned finishers medal of my short cycling career. I can still feel it in my legs. Quite a few hair raising descents, plenty of close calls and getting knocked over by the wind was a new experience. Rolling over the finish line tired, battered and bruised just before the cutoff was an amazing feeling. Can't wait to do it all again next year.

Loved it, especially the 09h00 start time.

amazing single track, took the first 25KM easy, and had lots in the tank for the last 25KM, I was one of those that mistakenly took a short cut in the beginning and shaved off 3KM, and there i was thinking everyone else had it wrong.

all that fun for R140.00 I think the turnout would have been better but to have three mountain bike events on the same day ??

haha, sounds like you guys left it all out there! It was tough, but just right! loved the route, had lots of fun

Rode some of the MTO trails 2 weekends ago. Chilly but no wind. That place has some proper single track with rocks and steepness. So much fun, but i bet more than  a few people found it challenging. We need more events on proper steep rough single track and less of this manicured, bermed stuff. Please!

Always enjoyed the Tru Cape, missed it the last two/three years and every year I regret not doing it.

What's up with the results? Did number 1 and 2 on the 50k really beat the elite and A group guys?

Gunned it the first 25 but luckily had enough power in the legs to make it through the last 25. Note to self, always check race profile beforehand. 

Does anyone know where we can see the photos that were taken on the day?

• 11 months later...

Anybody got any route or profile info for this year's race?

They seem to be very economical with their info.

Written in for the 50 as a trial run for this year's W2W. Me and the wife will be riding together to see if we get to the end without having to call a divorce lawyer.  :whistling:

SATURDAY 6 MAY 2017

EVENT INFORMATION SHEET

DISTANCES:

50 km; 25 km; 10 km

STARTING TIMES:

50 km @ 09:00;

25 km @ 09:20;

10 km @ 09:40

VENUE:

Elgin/Grabouw Country Club

50km cut off time - 12:00 @ the 25km mark.

Lucky Draw – 14:00

Event cut off time – 14:00

ELEVATION/CLIMBING

50km 1247 m

25km 490 m

WATER POINTS

50km - 13th km - 25th km - 38th km

25km on the 13.5th km

ROUTE DESCRIPTION

This great event offers three routes in the popular Grabouw Forest. The 10 km route is aimed at beginners and youngsters (grandparents also welcome!), while experienced MTB riders can tackle the challenging 50 km endurance event. This route requires technical experience to handle the fine single track, many jeep track climbs and exhilarating descents. Don’t feel like doing all those climbs? Then the 25 km is just right for you! Be warned, the two longer routes both include some long, steady climbs, but the stunning view makes up for the sweat. The single track sections will still have you raving about them weeks later.