Dopers suck

fandacious

Cherise should join the hub, she would love our thread about our favourite dopers. 

No for some reason they decided that the will allow all riders that have served sentences to race as its abiding by the law. 

I think we should just shame sponsors that carry on supporting known dopers. They are the ones that make bigger sponsors pull out of events as dont want to be associated with doping.

This times a bajillion!!

Who sponsors that guy who podiumed VB at shova 5 days after his ban was lifted?

This guy? http://www.cyclingsa.com/anti-doping-press/2015/4/24/adverse-analytical-finding-in-competition-test

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we should just shame sponsors that carry on supporting known dopers.

Who are these people, none of the names mentioned on this thread other than nolan had big name sponsors or rode in well known teams that I know of?

It's usually just their own bikeshop that would sponsor them... 

Who are these people, none of the names mentioned on this thread other than nolan had big name sponsors or rode in well known teams that I know of?

It's usually just their own bikeshop that would sponsor them... 

They have an array of partners.

Sounds like you all going for the prize money.

I dont condemn a cycling cheat or any other form of cheating.

But there are instances where people has been caught in social events under provincial umbrella for the use of beta 2 meds even doctors(gp) didnt known this was an illegal substance. However the person was banned for illegal stimulant. (Which was not performance enhancing)

How do you ban such a person for life from entering events?

Sounds like you all going for the prize money.

I dont condemn a cycling cheat or any other form of cheating.

But there are instances where people has been caught in social events under provincial umbrella for the use of beta 2 meds even doctors(gp) didnt known this was an illegal substance. However the person was banned for illegal stimulant. (Which was not performance enhancing)

How do you ban such a person for life from entering events?

Before I answer, are you serious? Can't see if it's comic sans on my phone.

This times a bajillion!!

Who sponsors that guy who podiumed VB at shova 5 days after his ban was lifted?

This guy? http://www.cyclingsa.com/anti-doping-press/2015/4/24/adverse-analytical-finding-in-competition-test

agreed - the smallest whiff of taint should send any sponsor packing, even the dodgeball ones.  If people publicly target the sponsors of these "former" dopers and the sponsorships dry up, prospective dopers are going to think twice

It also gets pretty lonely out there after retiring from professional riding if you are formally excluded from all the events you would love to ride as a former star, with all the adoration and attention that goes with attending these events.  Current riders will see this and hopefully consider how their post-professional life will be affected.  The only question is whether they think this far ahead?

Before I answer, are you serious? Can't see if it's comic sans on my phone.

No italics

Im happy if you pm me your thoughts

agreed - the smallest whiff of taint should send any sponsor packing, even the dodgeball ones.  If people publicly target the sponsors of these "former" dopers and the sponsorships dry up, prospective dopers are going to think twice

It also gets pretty lonely out there after retiring from professional riding if you are formally excluded from all the events you would love to ride as a former star, with all the adoration and attention that goes with attending these events.  Current riders will see this and hopefully consider how their post-professional life will be affected.  The only question is whether they think this far ahead?

Unfortunately in these times people crave instant gratification with little thought of the long terms. I doubt they think it through.

Thing is, if consequence is the driving force behind making a decision to dope or not, the battle is all but lost.

#whatabouthonesty

No italics

Im happy if you pm me your thoughts

I'll try to cover one point. The banned list is made up of different categories of banned substances. One category is masking agents. They have no performance properties themselves, but they hide real performance drugs.

You can read here https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2962812/ but a short extract, "Diuretics are drugs that increase the rate of urine flow and sodium excretion to adjust the volume and composition of body fluids. There are several major categories of this drug class and the compounds vary greatly in structure, physicochemical properties, effects on urinary composition and renal haemodynamics, and site and mechanism of action. Diuretics are often abused by athletes to excrete water for rapid weight loss and to mask the presence of other banned substances. Because of their abuse by athletes, diuretics have been included on The World Anti-Doping Agency's (WADA) list of prohibited substances; the use of diuretics is banned both in competition and out of competition and diuretics are routinely screened for by anti-doping laboratories."

Edited by andydude

The only doper I have ever felt sorry for was MrBaaisakalist from the Hub.

He said what he used, when he used it and spoke about it.

True. It was good to hear his side. But should that excuse him? It was steroids?

Help me with something,

I recently underwent surgery on my hand. During that surgery i was given a steroid (Cortisone) injection into a joint.

How long before I can race legally?