Flat pedals

igg

Actually the Saints are smaller 90x96 and the DMR V12 100x95.

Hmmm... did you also measure them?  :whistling:

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd175/Seanf1art/20160914_093410_zpsf70s1dpu.jpg

The Saints platform measures wider but will also be wider on the bike in terms of Q factor.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting em out after they've hit rocks. Tearing out and destroying the threads.

Wonder if they'll be available locally at all.

International shipping only at the moment. They do it direct off their website afaik

Hmmm... did you also measure them? :whistling:

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd175/Seanf1art/20160914_093410_zpsf70s1dpu.jpg

The Saints platform measures wider but will also be wider on the bike in terms of Q factor.

Something is wrong with Shimanos measurements then because those sizes I quoted are from them. Edited by Bizkit031

Just goes to show, man. All that speak of "we'll never sell them, people don't want them" is just BS.

IDIOT importers.

It's not that easy.

If importers were clairvoyant and knew what people would buy they'd bring the stuff in for sure. Budget provided of course. Unfortunately none of them have unlimited budgets and we are a picky bunch.

We WANT all the variety in the world but are we actually going to part with our cash for it?

I've been using the giant pedals with circa skate shoes on my jump bike. I clip in on my trail bike. I can't complain about grip. They work well. But the pins chow through all my shoes. The circa's seem to last longer though. I've never owned a pair of proper flat riding shoes. 5tens are too expensive for someone like me who predominantly rides clipped in. I understand the grub vs bolts after reading this. But I have to ask. Are the pins on the pedal a personal compromise between how well it grips and how much it eats into your shoes? Or is grip a sure thing as long as its pinned and if you don't want your shoes chomped you should get 5tens. I say a friends 5ten soles who were pretty chewed up so. Just wondering. Pedals are the last thing I need for the bike I'm building... 

My 5-10's have stood up to the pins very well, but there was apparently a batch that had issues with longevity. Maybe your mate's was from that batch.

Generally speaking, and despite the tackiness of the rubber, the 5-10's stand up very well. It's not unknown for a pair of shoes to last 3 to 4 years with loads of riding.

As for pins - it depends. My saints are less grippy than my superstars were, but then they have chamfered bolts vs the constant size of the grubs in the superstars, so that may be why. But it is essentially like having a bit of float on the pedals vs being stuck in place and having to literally lift to reposition, which is what I had to do on the superstars. 

• 3 weeks later...

With Shimano Saints, does anyone keep the washers that shorten pin length in place? Or do you run the pins sans washers to extend pin length? Guessing it is largely up to personal preference, just interested to know what the preferences are

• 2 weeks later...

So...until recently I have been riding the Saint's.

Step 1...remove the washers

Step 2...enjoy the awesome ride

Anyway, they're great and I have enjoyed em.

But then I got a second bike (HT) and moved the Saint's across to it and needed new flats for the Spitfire.

CRC...Spank Oozy Trail...Though I'd give em a try as almost R1000 cheaper (landed) than local and not significantly more then the Saints either.

OMFS...a marked improvement over the Saints...instantly noticeable.

I have recently been having to ride in skate sneakers due to my Spez 2FO's being warranteed (again) due to the soles having chunks torn out (this time after 5 weeks) and the Saint's with sneakers are OK, but the Spanks...still 100%.

With a proper pair of flat shoes they're beyond sick.

Anyhoo...would 100% recommend to anyone...but honestly.NOT at RSA pricing...

Remove the washer, thank me later

^^^^^

This

I have been riding Saints with normal Etnies sneakers and they (Etnies) have been lasting nearly 3 years. Not bad for a R600 skate shoe

Edited by Otero