Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

Think I'll try this one, as suggested. I must say this little side project had me giggling like a kid again when the prototype worked as planned this morning :D

Will post pics and vids once the final product is ready ... should be this week still.

attachicon.gifdecrease-friction-m5.jpg

Superglue will eventually fail - epoxy is the only way to go.

You could try a product called "Sticks like sh.. ". Yes that is what it is called just finish the last word.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To those who would like to know more about PVA on MDF I'm back home in a week and a half at present doing a job in the Namibian desert near Aussenkehr. Connectivity hardly intermittent.

Superglue will eventually fail - epoxy is the only way to go.

You could try a product called "Sticks like sh.. ". Yes that is what it is called just finish the last word.

Sticks like sh is no good - too elastic in the end.

Tried superglue on the bushing/washer, been going strong with the whole office abusing it this morning. Like I said, it's added reinforcement for the MDF part so needs some rigidity. I'll see if it fails later, for now I need to get this thing out to market ... out of the 12 guys in my office I've already sold 30 of them :)

Free to a good Hubber home

Old school Table saw.

Very very solid - will take two guys to pick up.

solid metal block table: +/-40mm thick

It has been moved outside due to renovations and is starting to rust :thumbdown:

The motor is solid, but the butcher block will probably need to be replaced as there is a slight wobble in the blade - although it cuts straight enough for general work.

Belt is kaput - needs to be replaced.

Some extra blades will also be supplied.

Collect only - Linden JHB

PM me for images if you're keen.

Edited by mrbaker

Free to a good Hubber home

Old school Table saw.

Very very solid - will take two guys to pick up.

solid metal block table: +/-40mm thick

It has been moved outside due to renovations and is starting to rust :thumbdown:

The motor is solid, but the butcher block will probably need to be replaced as there is a slight wobble in the blade - although it cuts straight enough for general work.

Belt is kaput - needs to be replaced.

Some extra blades will also be supplied.

Collect only - Linden JHB

PM me for images if you're keen.

pm sent

Wooden doors for sale

Solid doors - Montague full glass

3 unused - still in plastic wrapping

Price = R700 each

Collect in Linden JHB

PM for pics...

Hey Guys

Yes, an odd request.

I am busy getting things together to build a table and I would like to use mortise and tenon joints.

However - double pin marking gauges start at R900. A plastic single pin costs R80.

DO any of you have one in your possession that you would be prepared to let me use for the length of my project, or perhaps even donate, or let me buy ?

In case you are wondering, this is what they look like.

attachicon.gifJSDFOO1876-mark-gauge-lg.jpg

attachicon.gifrosewood-gauge6-larger.jpg

Hey Slowbee, How'd that table turn out?

Any ideas what wood this is?

d09eac72388aa8409c4127610cc93b05.jpg

aa2018a11f6f0d2dffccb5a37b475030.jpg

I'm thinking American Walnut, but the knots are throwing me a little. It was a dunnage block between bundles of Meranti delivered today.

Any ideas what wood this is?

d09eac72388aa8409c4127610cc93b05.jpg

aa2018a11f6f0d2dffccb5a37b475030.jpg

I'm thinking American Walnut, but the knots are throwing me a little. It was a dunnage block between bundles of Meranti delivered today.

Meranti that has been stored in the weather for a while I think - plane it and see if the colour changes

Edited by V12man

Meranti that has been stored in the weather for a while I think - plane it and see if the colour changes

Has been planed, color stays the same.

Has been planed, color stays the same.

Interesting - I had thought it might be a bit of Sapele Mahogany given the grain, but the colour is off for that too

Looks like Walnut to me. That "wavy" pattern near the knots are like what you see on the higher quality walnut used for gunstocks but those usually have a finer grain. Colour is also that of Walnut.

Edit: 3 very different bits of Walnut I have standing around.....and need to do something about.

post-17716-0-45785200-1476978602_thumb.jpg

post-17716-0-50705700-1476978617_thumb.jpg

post-17716-0-79159900-1476978630_thumb.jpg

Edited by DJR