Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

Came across this abandoned floor on my morning amble...

Worth rescuing any of it?

attachicon.gifCwOcuVEXYAALL0N.jpg

attachicon.gifCwOz1ygWAAAVwid.jpg

Quite a few years ago when I still young and keen a colleague of mine replaced a parquet floor with tiles and offered me all the blocks ...

Being young and dumb I took them, man it took a long time JUST to clean the old adhesive/gum/stuff off of each and every one! Then prepare the floor and lay them ..... messy and time consuming for sure!

Once that was done spent a whole weekend sanding it down (did hire a sander though), then sealed it. It's in our 'guest' lounge as my wife likes to call it which doesn't get much use and she likes that wood floor ...

Would I do it again? No way Jose!

post-271-0-70958800-1478074308_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heat gun strips that gunk of one time :D Heat gun and putty knife (and lekker thick gloves you can chuck afterwards)

But I wouldn't bother.

Boat build is coming to an end, hull finally completed, painted (not by me cause I suck at painting at that level), hatch covers and rowlocks fitted.

All top surfaces anti-slip painted.

Next step; mast boom and sail and a re-design of the rudder to child proof it.

post-19592-0-19409700-1478416629_thumb.jpg

post-19592-0-86668400-1478416706_thumb.jpg

Anybody got plans for a tool cabinet?

Check Jeremy Brouns design on youtube, very easy to build and layout is up to you and what tools you have :thumbup:

Found some blocks in the garage, was tired of my Fenix being dumped on the table next to the bed.

iPhone needed to be in landscape for the CCTV (Old iPhone used as a monitor next to my bed).

Not sure what the woods are but the "redish" one is very hard hence some tool marks in the center section that i need to still work on.

post-18786-0-02377200-1478511198_thumb.jpg

Cleaning out my late grandfathers garage with my dad over the weekend came across some woodwork tools...

Can anyone help with where i can get a blade for the planer - all it says is made in USA and no 40?

Chisels are brand new never been used and well the wood vise will need some serious refurbishment.

post-13500-0-58635900-1478515849_thumb.jpg

post-13500-0-13411300-1478515858_thumb.jpg

post-13500-0-48829300-1478515869_thumb.jpg

post-13500-0-42305200-1478515881_thumb.jpg

post-13500-0-03379500-1478515889_thumb.jpg

Cleaning out my late grandfathers garage with my dad over the weekend came across some woodwork tools...

Can anyone help with where i can get a blade for the planer - all it says is made in USA and no 40?

Chisels are brand new never been used and well the wood vise will need some serious refurbishment.

Jay_B, that is a Stanley #40 scrub plane.

Seethe ebay link, some plane irons on there for sale, but you could also ask your local Builder to order one for you.

Incidentally, a scrub plane is used to remove a lot of wood in a short period of time, so it has a specific job and is not really suited to fine work.

Hope it helps.

PS: Grandpa's chisels are seriously good Swedish steel chisels and very hard to come by!

Edit: ebay link http://www.ebay.com/bhp/scrub-plane

Edited by Ed-Zulu

Same chisels my dad has

Found some blocks in the garage, was tired of my Fenix being dumped on the table next to the bed.

iPhone needed to be in landscape for the CCTV (Old iPhone used as a monitor next to my bed).

Not sure what the woods are but the "redish" one is very hard hence some tool marks in the center section that i need to still work on.

Lamps finally installed!

ce78acafded72b1b638183e4c2742f09.jpg

Such talent in one family  :eek:

Boat build is coming to an end, hull finally completed, painted (not by me cause I suck at painting at that level), hatch covers and rowlocks fitted.

All top surfaces anti-slip painted.

Next step; mast boom and sail and a re-design of the rudder to child proof it.

That came out really nice Ed. Well done  :thumbup: