Was your bike stolen in Bloemfontein?

Vetseun

You can contact Christo Roos at Enduroplanet in bloem. His shop is at pretty gardens. Or you can contact maillotjaune here on bikehub. He is the agent for bergamont in bloem and should know whos it is.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update: The bike has been reunited with its owner.

The power of social media.

Great work ou dukes[emoji106][emoji106]

Nice work Vetseun. The problem today is that communities don't stand together anymore. It's usually now only individuals, and you my friend deserve a Bell's.

almost as good as the guy who bought/stole his own stolen bike back after he saw it advertised on the hub - well done !!!

Lekker ou!

Sjo dit is lekker om myself as 'n Vrystater te klas, net Vrystaatse "boere" doen sulke goeie dinge sonder om vir 'n sekonde te aarsel. Mooi Vettes, wel gedaan.

Brave oke Vettes. Well done. When you next coming to jhb? We can all meet at Dangle (who isn't well) and shoot the breeze. I'll bring a single malt...

Awesome work! That is classic. 

Simple remedy is to spread the word and also hand it in to the cops as a stolen item. Not sure what the rules are here but overseas you get a docket, if its claimed they let you know and if no one claims in then usually it's retuned to you after 6 months. 

I wouldn't hand jack into the cops. When I was burgled years ago, my neighbour found my stuff under his tree and handed it in to the cops. Suspicious at how the cops were eyeing up the goods, he made a list and gave me that. When I retrieved things from the 'cops' they had stolen more than the original burglers.

How was it stolen? Did he say? And how long ago? Just curious.

How was it stolen? Did he say? And how long ago? Just curious.

Stolen off a a Thule bike rack. They got back from a race, pulled into the yard, closed the gate. Went inside, when they came out, the bike was gone. Whoever stole it scaled a 6ft devils fork fence, stole the bike and left the same way.

Archived