E-Bikes on Tygerberg MTB trail

energizer2k

Lets hope the likes of Spaz and Giant gets the trail builders and club committees on E-bikes before they make any hasty decisions. Perhaps the anti-e-bike peeps should take one for a spin before finally deciding.

I don't have to sleep with a hooker to know I'll feel like sh*t afterwards thanks.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have to sleep with a hooker to know I'll feel like sh*t afterwards thanks.

You need to rethink that. They are great fun to ride. The Ebike that is.

I spotted Tygerberg in the thread and purely dropped in for the spectacle of endless bitching.... about something / anything. 

please continue

By now you should be aware of paintballing any transgressors...

:lol:

Klap a gate post / tree / other rider / car at those speeds, and you will spend an inordinate

amount of time in hospital...

Now THAT thing is more of a motorbike than a mountainbike...

agreed, though it has a 4.5kw motor on there. That's more power than some 50cc motos. 

Klap a gate post / tree / other rider / car at those speeds, and you will spend an inordinate

agreed, though it has a 4.5kw motor on there. That's more power than some 50cc motos. 

not to mention the tyres are more than likely the first to blow / fail on a bike like that.

There is no need to worry about that, the person will only use it once, then they will be dead.

So is taking the shuttle to the top then like giving yourself a handjob?

next time you see him.. name and shame and kick his bike over when he passes... :whistling:  :whistling:

My honest opinion...ebikes must develop their own trails...it is not mountain biking but ebiking...different sport

dude... the spaz one puts out 250w. That's not even enough to get us to 5kph on the hills... LOL.

Bro Im guessing you have never used a power meter.

While I have not used one on a MTB I have used one on my roadie and I can tell you that at 250W Im going at least 15km/h even on really big hills.

If you added another 250W to that and put in a big effort it can easily come out at some decent speeds.

Having said all of that Im not against e-bikes at all. The only time it would annoy me is if some pratt is riding up my ass on an uphill single track because his motor lets him do that.

I'm all for the banning of ebikes in MTB parks and MTB trails. We already share our trails with runners and horses. On more than one occasion I have almost collided with runners bombing down a trial and not too long ago I almost gave a horse a weggie with my front tyre.

The problem I have with ebikes is the majority of them are going to end up in the hands of people who are the very same people who have no respect for cyclists on the road. Slobs who are too lazy to pedal with very little respect for our sport.

T

What exactly is the problem? It's a bike, let people ride it and don't get naar when they pass you on an uphill (you get used to ppl passing you...I did :P )

I suspect it's probably not going be a problem initially, but eventually there will be that one guy with the 1kW motor that's going to ruin it. Like that one guy that acted like an idiot that got Kliprug closed. You know the type.

already sharing trails with runners.... funny, runners say the exact same thing about us mountain bikers; only thing I see getting hurt here is a bunch of egos. 

if a guy rides like a a**hole on a ebike he will ride like a a**hole on a "normal" bike; get on with it, ride your bike up a hill and ride it down again and stop bitching like a bunch of saggy bottom girls about all the other nonsense. 

Taking yourself and the sport way to seriously

Archived