[Event] 2017 Cape Town Cycle Tour - Argus

Bianchisti

Is it just me or does Icycling seem a bit peeved off with PPA...????

I see the posts and I can't help but to recall this...

post-25673-0-13005500-1471351192_thumb.jpg

lcycling, maybe start a separate or revive an old PPA bashing thread? 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A Bit - wow an understatement. But then when I was cycling competitively PPA organized and facilitated organizing sometimes even financed events like the Giro del Capo (PPA owned that event not the events office) and road leagues not to mention up to 2 road funrides per weekend.

Now they have a large investment fund - what good is that too young and up coming road riders from the Western Cape (World- when you consider the riders who rode the Giro). Road cycling should really be at a high considering the DiData team and RSA riders placing in the top 10 in both the Olympics and TDF.

Seems like opportunities are lost by PPA with their large source of income from the Cape Town road cycle tour

Peter, I am sure 95% of the hub, including me have the same feelings towards the current situation with PPA. 

We all know they have dropped the ball in the past five years, not making it viable for schools etc to host events due to the massive costs involved even though they have plenty of dosh. (Which then not makes it viable for the league events)

I agree, at least 40% of the funds they get from the CTCTT should go back into road events, then 25% MTB, then 15% cycling safety and 20% staff and overheads. At present I would be surprised if 5% goes to road.

What this will take is for more roadies to rock up at AGM and give of their time. Between work, training, home owners associations and life dont have more time to sit on another committee. 

I though will support them with the races the currently supporting, showing that their is interest in road cycling besides the Argus. Which may make it easier to twist their arm into hosting more events. 

(It also does not help that the wealthy south is not able to host any races longer than 45km...) Think Cape cobra, Plumblink one, there is only so much of Duurbanville I can take etc etc etc.

-- edit -- off topic

With the last stage of a number of the Giro del Capo been the now cape Town cycle tour - not sure if its that off the topic - but that's my opinion.

(It also does not help that the wealthy south is not able to host any races longer than 45km...) Think Cape cobra, Plumblink one, there is only so much of Duurbanville I can take etc etc etc.

Even worse when you train in D'ville every day  :ph34r:

Seems an unwritten rule that every PPA road race must take place within the D'Ville/S'bosch/Malmesbury "triangle"

With the last stage of a number of the Giro del Capo been the now cape Town cycle tour - not sure if its that off the topic - but that's my opinion.

Sorry

I deleted my comment.... was ppa bashing, not bashing your post:)

Is there nobody from the PPA on this forum? It would be great to hear it from the horse's mouth. If not, then that's another symptom of the problem.

Is there nobody from the PPA on this forum? It would be great to hear it from the horse's mouth. If not, then that's another symptom of the problem.

the Main boss is hubber

MOD NOTE:

GUYS! This is about the argus CTCT- please let us not make it a PPA thread. If you want to ask the PPA a few questions regarding the CTCT then start another thread. If you want to bash them, defend them, do so on another thread.

MOD NOTE:

GUYS! This is about the argus CTCT- please let us not make it a PPA thread. If you want to ask the PPA a few questions regarding the CTCT then start another thread. If you want to bash them, defend them, do so on another thread.

Hlaudi is in the house - run :ph34r:

Agreed

<cut> ignore. Didn't read the mail properly

Actually you did

Still nothing about if ppa members will or will not get entry after applying.

Actually you did

Still nothing about if ppa members will or will not get entry after applying.

PPA tweeted this yesterday & day before

Renew or join as a new(free) member before midnight tonight,to get on to the preferred Cycle Tour entry list.@CTCycleTour entries open 17th

Pedal Power (PPA) Retweeted Cycle Shack

Renew or join PPA today and your Cycle Tour entry is http://assured.New  membership is free in year 1.

I assume PPA members enter at the same time but you get on the "preferred list" & the mail just means you have to go through the entry process, you are not automatically entered just because you are a PPA member

Well, I expect to get an entry, for myself and my whole family of repeat offenders! If I don't, or some don't, then I'll simply get a charity entry and not even wait for the substitution merry go round. Working myself into a frenzy about something the PPA might have said / not said / meant to say / misunderstood etc. is just not worth any of my energy or time. 

<cut> ignore. Didn't read the mail properly

Some people are confused, thinking if they are a PPA member they will automatically entered into the Argus.

You just need to enter and then you will get an entry per original communications.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk