[Event] 2017 Cape Town Cycle Tour - Argus

Bianchisti

Admit it, you pay more to service your bike and that money just makes the LBS rich, it does not go to charities.

I am so fed up with people moaning about how expensive rides are. Get your priorities straight. 

Sorry for having and sharing an opinion...

Is there such a thing as an opinion Nazi? I thought we had rid ourselves of those few

Try not to get fed up with things that have zero impact on you.

And no, I don't use the LBS to service my bike 90% of the time  ;)

The Cycle Tour is still awesome, I'll be entering - I do just stop and wonder why though, when things increase so much beyond inflation? The old value argument still holds true... for now.

Also beyond us elites, there are I am sure a lot of people out there for whom R510 is a helluva lot of money... who I am sure would love to enjoy this day with us.. well, at least that's the way I think.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for having and sharing an opinion...

Is there such a thing as an opinion Nazi? I thought we had rid ourselves of those few

Try not to get fed up with things that have zero impact on you.

And no, I don't use the LBS to service my bike 90% of the time  ;)

The Cycle Tour is still awesome, I'll be entering - I do just stop and wonder why though, when things increase so much beyond inflation? The old value argument still holds true... for now.

Also beyond us elites, there are I am sure a lot of people out there for whom R510 is a helluva lot of money... who I am sure would love to enjoy this day with us.. well, at least that's the way I think.

Just asking... but isn't your entry sponsored....

2017 Cape Town Cycle Tour Application Submitted

That took a while, but got there at in the end.

Edited by FrankB

Your application has now been submitted.

Please note: This is not a guarantee or confirmation of your Entry.

You will be notified from 29 August 2016 whether you were successful in your application or not.

So ja ... no gaurentee if you PPA member

So eventually a clear response: 

From FB

Pedal Power Association If you have NEVER been a PPA member before, membership is free in year 1. You still receive all the benefits that every other member gets. This includes the Cycle Tour entry, which we have secured for our members. if you are NOT a PPA member, you don't get a guaranteed entry.

It is such a festival for those that love rolling two wheels, whether big tyres or thin tyres or carbon stealth snake or slow & chilled...

Every year the same, well kinda', raging debates

Which is cool

Just remember to enjoy the view too :thumbup:

Edited by 'Dale

Problem Saving

The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FK_DetailTrackerEntries_DetailTrackerPeople1". The conflict occurred in database "Eventi", table "dbo.DetailTrackerPerson", column 'DetailTrackerPersonID'. The statement has been terminated.

Oh yea ... you think with that budget they would be provisioned properly

Problem Saving

The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FK_DetailTrackerEntries_DetailTrackerPeople1". The conflict occurred in database "Eventi", table "dbo.DetailTrackerPerson", column 'DetailTrackerPersonID'. The statement has been terminated.

Oh yea ... you think with that budget they would be provisioned properly

Had this and a few other errors. Just keep trying. Eventually got it right using Chrome.

Had this and a few other errors. Just keep trying. Eventually got it right using Chrome.

Jip....also got through now using Chrome.

IE and FF not good

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /enter/south-african-entries/ on this server.

Apache Server at capetowncycletour.com Port 80

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /enter/south-african-entries/ on this server.

Apache Server at capetowncycletour.com Port 80

Running VPN software maybe or sitting outside SA?