[Event] 2017 Cape Town Cycle Tour - Argus

Bianchisti

Falke? I better go back as I missed them.

Fox had some nice lumo yellow socks. But I nearly vommed when I realised I was holding 6" socks

Yip

In one of the smaller isles ????????

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or are the goodie bags getting worse every year?

I know we don't enter for goodie bags but this is seriously disappointing, nothing of use except another water bottle...at least last year we received a small bottle of lube.

Get a little creative, put something memorable in there!

It's just you.

I got 40 anniversary water bottle, a can of Pringles, a few Super C, Nivea roll on, Flugon, Iceman with Arnica, a mini track pump, an Elastoplast (just 1), toothpaste, a few vouchers and the ladies on the assos stand had a feel to see what size Kuku pouch I needed. And a nice little branded bag to take my stuff to the races.

All in all worth the comrades marathon length walk to get to the back of the queue when I arrived at 10:30 and the gates were not open.

Seriously, if I wanted to walk I wouldn't enter a bike race.

It's just you.

I got 40 anniversary water bottle, a can of Pringles, a few Super C, Nivea roll on, Flugon, Iceman with Arnica, a mini track pump, an Elastoplast (just 1), toothpaste, a few vouchers and the ladies on the assos stand had a feel to see what size Kuku pouch I needed. And a nice little branded bag to take my stuff to the races.

All in all worth the comrades marathon length walk to get to the back of the queue when I arrived at 10:30 and the gates were not open.

This very Elastoplast from last year came in handy just the other day when I had nothing else!!

Queues at 9:59 and 10:05, Hot day, not a breath of wind.

Me last man after walking past the entrance 6 minutes earlier.

post-35786-0-48946500-1489062922_thumb.jpg

Somewhere down the right there is an entrance.

post-35786-0-21338500-1489062925_thumb.jpg

The elite ladies start at glencairn at 6:30 so they have their own uninterrupted race!!!

Good to see woman's race getting its own finish!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

?? So they will only do ca 80 kms? If $ starts at 6.15 in the CBD they are bound to catch them somewhere in Noordhoek or HB?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The elite ladies start at glencairn at 6:30 so they have their own uninterrupted race!!!

Good to see woman's race getting its own finish!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a clever idea!

?? So they will only do ca 80 kms? If $ starts at 6.15 in the CBD they are bound to catch them somewhere in Noordhoek or HB?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

They have worked it out that should finish on own. :)

It's just you.

:thumbup:

They have worked it out that should finish on own. :)

With the wind gods in office, it'll be interesting

Good experiment

Let's see ????????

With the wind gods in office, it'll be interesting

Good experiment

Let's see

I predict an "extremely tactical race" for the ladies (at least until the first men catch up).

I predict an "extremely tactical race" for the ladies (at least until the first men catch up).

Tactical means slower... meaning fast men more likely to catch... 

any suggestions on where to park on sunday?

and no...  i'm not going to ride 35 km from home to the start.

Edited by billygoat0523