Kyalami Track

Furbz

This will be very cool is we can start using this place again, I will be there, like a bear

If no one is sure I'll drop by there over the weekend to see what I can find out

If I understood it right, the general vibe management of the track has is something along the lines of having to rent the track for a day to use it.

It's a pity, I really enjoyed the short lap we did on the 94.7

Just spoke to the Office at the Racetrack, a lady by the name of Megan assisted me over the phone. Short answer is no cyclists allowed anymore. The track is not managed as a "track" anymore but rather as a venue. Therefore if you would like to use the track, you book it out as you would any other venue. 

PS. I didn't ask the cost related thereto.

Just spoke to the Office at the Racetrack, a lady by the name of Megan assisted me over the phone. Short answer is no cyclists allowed anymore. The track is not managed as a "track" anymore but rather as a venue. Therefore if you would like to use the track, you book it out as you would any other venue. 

PS. I didn't ask the cost related thereto.

Probably Porsche kinda money.

Probably Porsche kinda money.

Will most likely be able to buy a Porsche for that money!!!

It's such a pity, would be awesome to train there!! But hopefully when the economy kicks in they will start widening their income sources. 

We will need to get the Porsche directors and management into cycling. When they have done a few laps on their bikes they will want to start sharing that feeling with other cyclist and open the track to us again  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

• 5 months later...

Before 07:00 and after 18:00.... surely the track is not used then, just saying  :clap:

This was exactly my thinking. Charge R10 per rider, or something that is reasonable, and make some money from the track in the off-peak hours. And in the odd case that the track will be in use during those times just put up a sign 2 or 3 days in advance.

This was exactly my thinking. Charge R10 per rider, or something that is reasonable, and make some money from the track in the off-peak hours. And in the odd case that the track will be in use during those times just put up a sign 2 or 3 days in advance.

There used to be a website ridekyalami.co.za where they put up times that you could be there some night we had to wait for the racers to finish before we could start, I am willing to wait and I think the last time it was R20 per rider.

There used to be a website ridekyalami.co.za where they put up times that you could be there some night we had to wait for the racers to finish before we could start, I am willing to wait and I think the last time it was R20 per rider.

This is what I was thinking. Would be so damn awesome training there!! Hopefully the owners/managers see the light and will change their minds. Do you have any idea how one can get hold of someone in a decision making position to pitch the idea/possibilities?

This is what I was thinking. Would be so damn awesome training there!! Hopefully the owners/managers see the light and will change their minds. Do you have any idea how one can get hold of someone in a decision making position to pitch the idea/possibilities?

Go buy a 911 Turbo S ;)

Even at R100 I can't see it covering the increased liability risk, litter, security issues, etc. I very much doubt we'll see Kyalami used for bicycles again, but I hope I'm wrong.

Even at R100 I can't see it covering the increased liability risk, litter, security issues, etc. I very much doubt we'll see Kyalami used for bicycles again, but I hope I'm wrong.

This one, and his positive outlook.

Archived